584,826 active members*
5,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 18i optional parameter change

Fanuc 18i optional parameter change

Hi there, need some help here. I have few shizuoka Fanuc 18i MB Vertical Mills. Two of them that I have, the optional parameter that set the MAX programs files that allowed in the machine is 125 Programs, and the others are set to 400 programs. I have no idea which optional parameter to change in order for me to have 400 programs allowed. So I compared all the optional parameters from the different machine and the only difference that I can find is one #9000 Series parameter. And when I try to change it to see if it is the one, the machine gave me an alarm (#OOO Please Turn OFF the Machine POWER). At first, I thought I changed it and the machine need a restart. But after relized that when I try to change it , the value CAN NOT be overwrite and the same alarm just keep poppin up. ANY IDEAS?

Reboot

I not sure I understand you, but changeing the option parameters is something you shouden't do, if you are not sure what will will happend. Do you have have a backup made on boot level? If you have you can read it back from the PCMCIA card at bootlevel.

The 16/18/21i 9000 parameters are protected. You have to have the passwords at the boot screen to enable editing(3 total passwords). Changing the 9000 parameters without editing enabled will go through the motions as if you have actually changed the option, but the option will not be enabled. Anytime you change an option parameter alarm #000 Please Turn Off Machine Power comes on.

doesnt it work to punch all parameters to the computer and change them there and den reload them all? And why does anyone need 400 prg in NC memory? buy a flashcard or connect to computer.

You also need to see if machine has enough memory to hold that many programs , or even with the passwords it will not enable the option.
    I hate deburring.....
    Lets go (insert favorite hobby here)

Password when input parameter

Quote Originally Posted by codyst View Post
    The 16/18/21i 9000 parameters are protected. You have to have the passwords at the boot screen to enable editing(3 total passwords). Changing the 9000 parameters without editing enabled will go through the motions as if you have actually changed the option, but the option will not be enabled. Anytime you change an option parameter alarm #000 Please Turn Off Machine Power comes on.

Hi, I need some help. I have Mc. maker STAR : SR32J Control : Fanuc 18I TB when I input parameter it enable to input it have password lock 8 digit total 3 password do you ever find this problem? You can give me some help?

Thank yous, Wait for reply.

Password input parameter fanuc 18i tb

I have one machine maker star model SR32J with control fanuc 18i TB now I have on step to input parameter but it have lock password ( 8 digit total 3 password ) I can't to input parameter who's can help me please.

The Fanuc iA SERIES has passwords but I never used them to change options.
    The fanuc iB series may have the options locked (and not displayed), depending on the motherboard.

[QUOTE=jojojoo;316720]Hi there, need some help here. I have few shizuoka Fanuc 18i MB Vertical Mills. Two of them that I have, the optional parameter that set the MAX programs files that allowed in the machine is 125 Programs, and the others are set to 400 programs. I have no idea which optional parameter to change in order for me to have 400 programs allowed. So I compared all the optional parameters from the different machine and the only difference that I can find is one #9000 Series parameter. And when I try to change it to see if it is the one, the machine gave me an alarm (#OOO Please Turn OFF the Machine POWER). At first, I thought I changed it and the machine need a restart. But after relized that when I try to change it , the value CAN NOT be overwrite and the same alarm just keep poppin up. ANY IDEAS?

Hi i have kitamura hmc mycenter with fanuc 16i-MB
    I have to enable 5th axis .axis card is supporting up to 6axis.when i m going to change option parameter 9900 =4 to 5 there is alarm please turn power off but parameter does not change any idea??????why??I think option parameters are locked and i not able to change 9900 series parameters.

Re: Fanuc 18i optional parameter change

We are working on finding the procedure to change options on the iB series. When ready, it will be announced on our website tulipmemory.com.

You will have to contact Kitamura and have them turn it on. Very well could be that your executuive software in the controller doesn't support 5 axis.

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    We are working on finding the procedure to change options on the iB series. When ready, it will be announced on our website tulipmemory.com.
    hi, memoryman, did you find the procedure to change options of 18i-B?

Hi memoryman,
    Did you found the procedure to change options on the iB ?
    I have three password but I don't know how and when to input them

I am waiting for your reply

David

I know the procedure for the iA controls, but don't have an iB to experiment.

I know the procedure for the iA controls, but don't have an iB to experiment.
    Can you share the procrdure for iA controls?

David

Send an email to [email protected]
    I haven't used a password on the iA in years; I just enter the options.

Send an email to [email protected]
    I haven't used a password on the iA in years; I just enter the options.
    Please send it to me, I am also in need of an optional parameter change procedure. mail: [email protected]. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by codyst View Post
    Please send me " [email protected] "

we try to add 4.th axis, but cant change 9900 prm "0" to " 4 "

Thanks for precision information

Please send it to me, I am also in need of an optional parameter change procedure. mail: [email protected]
    Thanks????