584,349 active members*
6,892 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Dainichi, BX35 fanuc 10 t stop working

Dainichi, BX35 fanuc 10 t stop working

Hello, my Dainichi lathe, BX35 has stopped working, the monitor shows the error "EX14, sensor retur alarm".
    I found a blocked goat limit switch, back.
    The switch is unlocked, but the kid can only go back, when I press the forward button it throws out the EX14 error.
    X and Z can be returned to the reference point, I can manually move the tool magazine. It doesn't do anything in program mode. The display of the board reads no. 1.
    Any suggestions please. Thank you.

Re: Dainichi, BX35 fanuc 10 t stop working

Can anyone explain to me which sensor this is related to the EX14 error. I checked all the sensors and micro switches, they all work. The error occurs when I go forward with the kid, he goes back without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by miki11 View Post
    Can anyone explain to me which sensor this is related to the EX14 error. I checked all the sensors and micro switches, they all work. The error occurs when I go forward with the kid, he goes back without any problems.
    Attachment 474636Attachment 474638Attachment 474640

I don't know this machine specifically. But generically all operators messages (vs alarms) are activated in the ladder (or macro statements on occasion). So you will need to reference oem documantation or look at the ladder to diagnose. "A" address' case EX alarms and messages.

Machine manuals explain alarms from EX16 to EX25. Quick view to ladder printout did not reveal anything related to EX14.

Quote Originally Posted by mikahi View Post
    Machine manuals explain alarms from EX16 to EX25. Quick view to ladder printout did not reveal anything related to EX14.
    I have reviewed many forums and documentation. I only found this for fanuc 10

The crt's Operator Message:

Ex 06 Emergency Stop
    Ex 08 Spindle Servo Alarm
    Ex 11 2ND Limit Switch is Working
    Ex 13 Spindle Oil Air Alarm

What do you mean by kid? And when you get EX14 alarm, does any of the error LEDs turn ON beside the keyboard?

Hello, there is a kid in the picture, when I move the cylinder (tailstock) forward, it throws it out on the EX14 display. The same thing happens when I push the kid's slipper forward. No alarm is active on the board (red LEDs)Attachment 475114

Hello, there is a kid in the picture, when I move the cylinder (tailstock) forward, it throws it out on the EX14 display. The same thing happens when I push the kid's slipper forward. No alarm is active on the board (red LEDs)Attachment 475114
    Try to locate limit switch LS3 which is sensing tool setter position. Looks like EX14 is the same as EX22, they do share the same text.

When the tail Stock goes forward it is either sencing a pressure or a stroke limit switch
    Stroke limit or in position switches can be adjusted to each work material
    If it is fitted with a pressure limit it would be on the hydraulic control valves

Checked all sensors up to the I / O printed circuit board, all give neat signals. I am currently looking for a replacement I / O board to check for a fault on that board. (A20B-1000-0940 / 04B)
    The machine still displays the same EX14 error.

Resolved,

It was still an LS3 switch.
    I / O board input cable, mouse bit the cable.
    Now it works properly.

Thanks to everyone for their help