584,798 active members*
4,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: 94 Sabre 750

Page 1 of 2 12

94 Sabre 750

I can't get past this screen.

What is the "MTB keyboard?" And why can I not get past "Host Control Initializing?"

Control is 850SX

Ok. Got past the initializing screen to this.

Getting "Alert Code 00266."

I can't find what that code is anywhere on the Google.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0322181737_HDR.jpg  

Re: 94 Sabre 750

MTB error should be that a button is stuck on the keyboard. What else does the second error say, not just the code#

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    MTB error should be that a button is stuck on the keyboard. What else does the second error say, not just the code#

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    That's all it shows. It flashes between MTB Keyboard Error and Alert Number 00266. It doesn't move past the page that shows the machine options.

Have made a slight bit of progress in getting this thing back up and running, I think.

Everything is "passing" on the page that first pops up when powered on.

I get to this page, has me press master start, I can hear the servos lock up, and then it shows "Machine Unaligned."

How do I align it?

On the panel, there are a few lights on, that stay on. Some buttons I can press and it beeps, and the green light on it comes on, some beep, and no light, and some I press, and nothing.

The light on the X axis stays lit. I can jog the table back and forth in X. The Y, and Z buttons, don't jeep, nor light up when I press them.

I'm waiting on the manuals to get here for it. Was told about three weeks.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

To align the machine press and hold the "align" button.
    The axes should move to the TPA switches one at a time, then complete the alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    The axes should move to the TPA switches one at a time, then complete the alignment.
    Ah, that is one of the buttons that isn't doing anything when I push it, or hold it in for an extended period.

Another question.

Would the machine being out of alignment stop me from turning on the spindle? Or, when I go to MDI, I can push buttons, but nothing is showing on the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    Then used mech align to do the tool changer
    Who did you get manuals off

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    Then used mech align to do the tool changer
    Who did you get manuals off
    Fives MSI.

Sent them the serial to my machine, they sent me the part numbers for the manuals needed. Ordered them off their website.

Ive also got a 94 sabre 750. Heat the keyboard face with a hair dryer before you power on. Moisture under the pad stops the contacts from working especially in cold weather.

In winter, I hang a rubber sheet over the control face and vent hot air from a dryer to the kbd for about 5min.

This will almost always get problem keys working again. Otherwise you can purchase the keys from cincinnati (or you used to be able to, I bought a bag of single and double keys a while back).

If you replace the keys, they will work again. Youll have to take apart and clean the board as well. Use isopropyl alcohol to remove/install the keys and clean the board and keys.

Quote Originally Posted by markp View Post
    Ive also got a 94 sabre 750. Heat the keyboard face with a hair dryer before you power on. Moisture under the pad stops the contacts from working especially in cold weather.

In winter, I hang a rubber sheet over the control face and vent hot air from a dryer to the kbd for about 5min.

This will almost always get problem keys working again. Otherwise you can purchase the keys from cincinnati (or you used to be able to, I bought a bag of single and double keys a while back).

If you replace the keys, they will work again. Youll have to take apart and clean the board as well. Use isopropyl alcohol to remove/install the keys and clean the board and keys.
    You wouldn't happen to know who it was that you contacted to get a hold of the spare keys would you? If I can get those, I think I'd just go ahead and replace them all and be done with it.

Hair dryer worked well. Thank you for that.

It goes to run the alignment. Z goes up, Y goes back and forth, X goes all the way over in X-, and goes X+ and then trips the overtravel. What am I doing wrong here? And, how do I get it off the overtravel? On my Mori, I can just jog off the limit switch. Doesn't seem to be the same here.

Dont remember, was over 10 years ago. A guy who had one of these machines near me had a few new spare keys and advised me to call Cincinnati support to get some while they were still in stock. I bought a few more when ordering some other part back then.

Your table should be going to the right to look for the limit. Looks like it went the other way. Unless you have different limit switch setup than mine, its the other direction when pressing the align button. For overtravel press "machine start" button (not cycle start green button)while holding the X - jog button. Axis will slowly move off of limit. All the axis will move very slowly so restart to get normal speed. Take the left side way cover off move table to right, and look at the limit switch. Maybe bad from coolant?

Quote Originally Posted by markp View Post
    Your table should be going to the right to look for the limit. Looks like it went the other way. Unless you have different limit switch setup than mine, its the other direction when pressing the align button. For overtravel press "machine start" button (not cycle start green button)while holding the X - jog button. Axis will slowly move off of limit. All the axis will move very slowly so restart to get normal speed. Take the left side way cover off move table to right, and look at the limit switch. Maybe bad from coolant?
    It went right first, then back left.

The limit switch is in the front of the table. It has one that hits in X- and another right behind it for X+.

Something I hadn't noticed until now. Doesn't matter where X, Y, or Z is, when I turn the machine on, it shows X0.0000, Y0.0000, and Z0.0000. It's like it doesn't know where the table or the spindle is.

Have I lost the machine parameters?

The align switch for the X axis is stuck on. The X axis should align to the right not the left. Take the front cover off the X axis and clean the 2 switches.

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    The align switch for the X axis is stuck on. The X axis should align to the right not the left. Take the front cover off the X axis and clean the 2 switches.

That is these two switches on the front of the table, correct?

Guys, I absolutely appreciate the help. This is not a machine I am familiar with in the least.

Alright. Got the axis to align, as well as the drum.

Now, after talking with the guys at Fives, I'm waiting on some conductive paint for the back side of the keys to fix my keyboard issues.

How do I turn the spindle on manually?

I go to MDI, to plug in a M3S500 to get the spindle to turn, but nothing comes up on the screen as I plug it in. The buttons are beeping as I press them, but nothing is showing up.

Page 1 of 2 12