585,733 active members*
4,945 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma MC-4VAE with 5020m Controller

Exclamation Okuma MC-4VAE with 5020m Controller

Hello, so I just bought this new machine. When we bought it it needed a new board. First we sent it off to be repaired and it worked for about 30 mins. So we bought a new one and installed it but before we installed it we had a company come and check the motor (which they disconnected it) and such. Now with the new board we are getting new alarms with are 203-X or 203-y SVP velocity or SPV Dif. I believe this is an encoder issue with the research I've done. Something about resetting it, but being completely new at this I could really use some help figuring this out.

Quote Originally Posted by SelchertPW View Post
    Hello, so I just bought this new machine. When we bought it it needed a new board. First we sent it off to be repaired and it worked for about 30 mins. So we bought a new one and installed it but before we installed it we had a company come and check the motor (which they disconnected it) and such. Now with the new board we are getting new alarms with are 203-X or 203-y SVP velocity or SPV Dif. I believe this is an encoder issue with the research I've done. Something about resetting it, but being completely new at this I could really use some help figuring this out.
    The motor has a built-in absolute encoder, if the motor was rotated when disconnected, the absolute position no longer equals the CNC stored axis position, it may be so different it caused these errors.

I don't have the reference point setting information but as I recall you have to correct the position and set a reference bit off and on to store the "new" position.

Perhaps Google it or ask local Okuma agent.

Re: Okuma MC-4VAE with 5020m Controller

Thanks for the confirmation on my theory, I have found a little bit on it but I don't really understand it, I did try to reset it once but it didn't seem to fix it and it reset to its original settings when I restarted the machine. If anyone has some guidance that would be amazing.

Thanks for the confirmation on my theory, I have found a little bit on it but I don't really understand it, I did try to reset it once but it didn't seem to fix it and it reset to its original settings when I restarted the machine. If anyone has some guidance that would be amazing.
    Quick search found this.
    Parameters may be unlocked as below.

Find the parameter page called "NC Optional Parameter
    (Bit)".

Change the first bit (that is bit 7) on line 16 to "1".

Press Item down (F7) twice. That should get you to the
    system parameter page.

Okay so line 16 in bit 7 is already 1.
    I made it to the parameters page, and idk what to do next, I've never done anything like this. This was the page I tried on the first time though but maybe I did it wrong.

Does anyone have like a list to follow? Or could explain me through it the best you can?

Does anyone have like a list to follow? Or could explain me through it the best you can?
    If you have an Ellison technology company in your area, maybe you could ask the service desk for the zero point setting information. I used to have this but many years ago when I worked for Ellison.

Ellison were main agents for Okuma for many years and certainly in the days of OSP5020.

Ask nicely, they might oblige.

hello i have mc4vae with osp 5020, do you need help ?

Help is still needed yes