584,842 active members*
4,287 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Sanmotion servo drive to mach3

Sanmotion servo drive to mach3

i have sanmotion servo driver model ( rs1a03aa) and the servo motor and i want to wire this servo deiver with standard mach3 board
    Can anyone please help with the wiring i have dowloaded the pdf but i couldn't understand the wiring and i can't find the (pulse/direction pins)
    (Sorry for my weak english)

Re: Sanmotion servo drive to mach3

Well. Which mach3 board do you have?.
    In terms of your question.....
    You want a suitable SCSI cable for CN1 connection.
    Once you've got that you are looking for the connections marked.... 'F-PC and R-PC'.
    If I have the right manual it shows on page '3-16' the differential or open collector wiring diagram.
    A Mach board capable of 'differential' is preferable with servos (if using 150khz+ pulse rates).
    'Open collector' wiring is same like you'd find on stepper drives if using 100khz or less.

Thank you for your reply
    1-in manual f-pc is cn1-26 , cn1-27 and sg(singal grownd) cn1- 47
    R-pc is cn1-28 , cn1-29 and sg cn-48
    How to connect 6 wire from servo driv to mach board
    https://suar.me/NAxae
    2- Did you change any settings in servo drive parameters
    3-
    what do you mean A Mach board capable of 'differential' is preferable with servos (if using 150khz+ pulse rates).
    i dont understand
    Please tell me which mach card is best compatible with sanmotion servo driv
    I well using 100khz mach card

Need wiring diagram from mach3 USB to servo driver sanmotino (rs1a03aa)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdoalwan11 View Post
    Thank you for your reply
    1-in manual f-pc is cn1-26 , cn1-27 and sg(singal grownd) cn1- 47
    R-pc is cn1-28 , cn1-29 and sg cn-48
    How to connect 6 wire from servo driv to mach board
    https://suar.me/NAxae
    2- Did you change any settings in servo drive parameters
    3-
    what do you mean A Mach board capable of 'differential' is preferable with servos (if using 150khz+ pulse rates).
    i dont understand
    Please tell me which mach card is best compatible with sanmotion servo driv
    I well using 100khz mach card
    Yes, I think he is confused himself

You will be using Position control which is using Step / Dir signal, 100Khz will work, but may not reach max motor performance Smooth Stepper is best but anything up to 200Khz will work

To get going and testing you can use Mach3 with a simple Breakout Board, in Mach3 set the Kernel speed of 75Khz this won't give you max performance good enough to test motor and drive wiring
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Yes, I think he is confused himself

You will be using Position control which is using Step / Dir signal, 100Khz will work, but may not reach max motor performance Smooth Stepper is best but anything up to 200Khz will work

To get going and testing you can use Mach3 with a simple Breakout Board, in Mach3 set the Kernel speed of 75Khz this won't give you max performance good enough to test motor and drive wiring
    I'm not confused thanks.
    This is what I was getting at.
    The ESS with MB3 will allow a differential step/dir connection and allow you to get the best performance and max khz rates making full use of encoder resolutions.

A standard mach3 board of 100khz is fine for use so you wire it similar to a stepper drive as an open collector step/dir.
    A bit more work because you likely have to play around with the electronic gearing to get your resolution right.

BOTH 'differential' and 'open collector' examples are shown on the drive manuals position wiring pages.
    3-16 page 53.
    SG is your 'common' connections.
    F-PC, R-PC will be your p/d connections.
    You are interested in 'command input-upper device open collector' connections.

To be honest. Reading a couple of other user manuals from mainstream manufacturers helped me a bit with mine. (My lichuan manual was shocking). They can help explain certain things in different ways and you get some light bulb moments. They all share similarities in the way they wire up. Just obviously marked up differently.

People using servos would know a bit about this stuff if they had researched properly.

I'm using one as a spindle drive via analog so changes I've made to mine would not suit step/dir settings.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    I'm not confused thanks.
    This is what I was getting at.
    The ESS with MB3 will allow a differential step/dir connection and allow you to get the best performance and max khz rates making full use of encoder resolutions.

A standard mach3 board of 100khz is fine for use so you wire it similar to a stepper drive as an open collector step/dir.
    A bit more work because you likely have to play around with the electronic gearing to get your resolution right.

I'm using one as a spindle drive via analog so changes I've made to mine would not suit step/dir settings.
    You made such a hash of what you posted it was confusing

You have no clue what you are taking about, Encoder resolution it whatever the Encoder on the servo motor is, that never changes if it is 500PPR or Millions of PPR that is whatever the Encoder/Motor resolution is, and does not change, that is fixed. Supply Voltage and Electronic Gearing is what determines the needs for max motor performance, which is very easy to set up, Electronic Gearing should always be used when using Position control, you do not get any better performance with having a higher Khz output control, it's always nice to have more but not for the reason you posted.

These Servos Drives can be run even with the PWM to Analog or Step/Dir output 0-10v from Mach3 using a regular Breakout Board
    Mactec54

sorry everyone
    In fact, I am the one who is confused
    anyway
    thanks for help