584,861 active members*
4,996 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 16 of 21 61415161718
    Quote Originally Posted by rfeatherhawk View Post
    BIG Tex *****
    It surprises me that you would take something from someone else- modify it- and even worse ask for donations for your dishonesty of this being your thing. (chair) The least you could of done was to find the person that came up with the original idea. (chair) Anything to make a buck I guess. After all that's what makes the world go around- the almighty dollar. OMFG
    WANKER:bs:

Quote Originally Posted by Robert M View Post
    It’s even more surprising how people make judgments & remarks….

Not here to defend BigTex….suuurrlly he can do that !
    BUT….for the last remark….I’d suggest to simply adjust your eye site buddy….and read the title of this tread….and do not, DO NOT forget the WORD …..”VERSION”….as what BIGTEX wrote, therefore, admits, advise, expose….. when originally posting this threat,,,,,

With your last remark…it goes to say a lot about you….guy !!

You're funny Robert. :wave: I new there would be remarks like yours coming, ( judgments & remarks), now that's the kettle calling the pot black. (VERSION-means a specific form or variation of the original)

I know the guys that actually put this together. They are some of the hardest workers, honest people, wanting to help others without compensation that I know. It's to bad that others and I'm guessing you fall into this category too since you had to speak up, have to take credit for someone's hard work. Sill-One does need to give CREDIT to the originators whether they modified it or not.

If he came up with this VERSION why is he using someone elses video to explain it?

Just getting started in the cnc world (first post here so apologies in advance if I sound like I don't know what I'm doing... because I don't) with a shopdroid machine (gecko540/Mach3 R3.043.022) and this describes the problem I'm having too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phife View Post
    It works great about 95% of the time. There is still that 5% where it will either dive full speed into the table or retracts full speed until it hits the limit switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-tex View Post
    All works fine for me and it has been tested by several people.
    Make sure you have set up distance mode absolute IJ mode incr that is in general config
    Looking at the G code I'm using to level the table it sets a G90, moves to 0,0, sets a G91 and runs the x/y back and forth then when complete sets a G90. Problem is if I stop it in the middle (still doing a lot of air cutting before making real dust) it leaves the config in incremental mode so if I try to zero out the z bad things happen. I had checked the config before and it was set to absolute and didn't realize the G code would change the config.... so I just figured out if I go back and set the config to absolute it works fine. Is there a way to automatically ensure mach is in absolute distance mode before I do a z zero because I know I'll get it back in incremental mode again and drive it into the table? I've got so much to learn....

Oh... and thanks Big-Tex and everyone else for the help they have been already in getting me this far. Can't wait to start actually using this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lambodesigns View Post
    Just getting started in the cnc world (first post here so apologies in advance if I sound like I don't know what I'm doing... because I don't) with a shopdroid machine (gecko540/Mach3 R3.043.022) and this describes the problem I'm having too.

Looking at the G code I'm using to level the table it sets a G90, moves to 0,0, sets a G91 and runs the x/y back and forth then when complete sets a G90. Problem is if I stop it in the middle (still doing a lot of air cutting before making real dust) it leaves the config in incremental mode so if I try to zero out the z bad things happen. I had checked the config before and it was set to absolute and didn't realize the G code would change the config.... so I just figured out if I go back and set the config to absolute it works fine. Is there a way to automatically ensure mach is in absolute distance mode before I do a z zero because I know I'll get it back in incremental mode again and drive it into the table? I've got so much to learn....

Oh... and thanks Big-Tex and everyone else for the help they have been already in getting me this far. Can't wait to start actually using this thing.
    I'm just guessing here, but it sounds to me like the macro would need to be modified to check the state " incremental or absolute" change if necessary and return it to previous state after completion.

sorry, I have no clue how to accomplish it tho.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by WoodSpinner View Post
    I'm just guessing here, but it sounds to me like the macro would need to be modified to check the state " incremental or absolute" change if necessary and return it to previous state after completion.

sorry, I have no clue how to accomplish it tho.
    John
    Just looked at the code for initial z seting, and tool change setting, it appears those functions are already there, wonder why their not working?

John

Just looked at the code for initial z seting, and tool change setting, it appears those functions are already there, wonder why their not working?

John
    DAMHIKT but if you do a calibration on an axis it leaves it it inc mode too...

Could you please point me to where it should be and I'll check to see if mine has the functions included? I think I have the latest version but I've had so much to try and figure out the last couple of weeks I'm in overload. I did manage to rewire the E-stop today with shielded cables and (hopefully) eliminate the false triggers without a large debounce setting so I'm making progress.... little bits at a time...

DAMHIKT but if you do a calibration on an axis it leaves it it inc mode too...

Could you please point me to where it should be and I'll check to see if mine has the functions included? I think I have the latest version but I've had so much to try and figure out the last couple of weeks I'm in overload. I did manage to rewire the E-stop today with shielded cables and (hopefully) eliminate the false triggers without a large debounce setting so I'm making progress.... little bits at a time...
    under the operator menu "edit button script" I think it says, then click either initial z or tool change to edit the scripts

under the operator menu "edit button script" I think it says, then click either initial z or tool change to edit the scripts
    Thanks again... It looks like the initial zero setup has a G90 but the Z- arrow button doesn't. I haven't gotten the fixed plate in place yet so I'm just doing the Z- to level the table. I'll try to add one in and do some sponge testing with a hand on the e-stop.

Thanks again... It looks like the initial zero setup has a G90 but the Z- arrow button doesn't. I haven't gotten the fixed plate in place yet so I'm just doing the Z- to level the table. I'll try to add one in and do some sponge testing with a hand on the e-stop.
    Looking at it some more the initial zero setup even sets a G91 if it was in inc mode when the routine was called. I'm not seeing a version number within the code so I guess I need to do some dig'n to see if I really downloaded the correct version.

Looking at it some more the initial zero setup even sets a G91 if it was in inc mode when the routine was called. I'm not seeing a version number within the code so I guess I need to do some dig'n to see if I really downloaded the correct version.
    mine doesnt have it in z- script either, I'm using MachBlue-probing big tex ver3.2

it does look as if the initial and tool change scripts are good to go, maybe a little cut/paste and you can add it to z-

John

mine doesnt have it in z- script either, I'm using MachBlue-probing big tex ver3.2

it does look as if the initial and tool change scripts are good to go, maybe a little cut/paste and you can add it to z-

John
    I made the following small change by adding a G90 after the initial pause and it tested out when I set the mode to inc (which would have driven it into the table before) and then ran the z- routine. It seemed to work great but again.... I'm new at this so if this doesn't look right let me know.

Code "G4 P1" 'pause 1 seconds to give time to position probe plate
    PlateOffset = GetUserDRO(1151) 'get plate offset DRO
    CurrentFeed = GetOemDRO(818) 'get the current feedrate to return to later
    Code "F10" 'slow down feedrate to 10 ipm

Rem Probe In the z direction
    ZNew = GetDro(2) - 6 'probe move to current z - 6 inches
    Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    While IsMoving() 'wait for probe move to finish
    Wend

ZNew = GetVar(2002) 'read the touch point
    Code "G0 Z" &ZNew +.1 'move back +.1 to hit point incase there was overshoot +.1
    While IsMoving ()
    Wend

To:

Code "G90 G31Z" &ZNew
    Wend

Code "G0 Z" &ZNew +.1 'move back +.1 to hit point incase there was overshoot +.1
    While IsMoving ()
    Wend

Now to go play in the new snow we got yesterday

I made the following small change by adding a G90 after the initial pause and it tested out when I set the mode to inc (which would have driven it into the table before) and then ran the z- routine. It seemed to work great but again.... I'm new at this so if this doesn't look right let me know.

Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    Wend

While IsMoving ()
    Wend

To:

Code "G90 G31Z" &ZNew
    Wend

While IsMoving ()
    Wend

Now to go play in the new snow we got yesterday
    looks good to me, that is if you dont care about reseting its original state.

John

I just switched over from emc2 to Mach3 and set it up with Bug Ted's modmig works great! The auto z function was actually the reason I made the switch. One question though. Is there a way to set it up so that I don't have to put a wire with an alligator clip on the bit? I assume could run a ground wire from my g540 box to the router but is there another way? I have a relay hooked up to turn on the router but that downs't tie the grounds together. Can I jut run a ground from my power supply to the ground that the router plugs into? The outlet the router plugs into is already plugged into the same outlet as the power supply. I thought that would make it work but it doesn't.

TIA
    Odie9

Hi Big-Tex, Thanks for the screen, I got it up and running right off. I was wondering what screen editor you used for this and does it matter if I use a different one?

John

Mach 3 tool setter Big-tex version Problem

Hello
    I install the Big-tex bleu screen probe 3.3 in mach3 latest version
    I handeled as list in the read me first text file.
    But when i use intial zero setup the z axis only zeroed.
    The mill does not traveled to the X and Y coordinates given in the dro x and the dro y, I think it should do that .
    When i manuel go to the given in coordinates and than use initial zero set up it zeroed the z axis and goes to the begin point and zeroed z again and goes back to the point of coordinates I manual traveled and stopt.
    What do I wrong
    I hoop someone can help me.
    Thanks Harley

I'm wondering if anyone has gone thru and fixed the erroneous button assignments and other non functioning parts of this screenset yet? I am considering trying it myself but dont want to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done the work.

John

I have a very early version of this macro. Can anyone give me a link to the latest version? A version that does not use the blue screenset would be better for me, just never could get to like it.

Many thanks,

Jeff.

Maybe I missed it somewhere. I was using the original MACH3 Blue screen set with the probe and the the X,Y and Z worked after a computer melt down I have installed the TEX version 3.2 and I am having weird results. the X and Y seem to work great but when I do the Z setting it lowers and touches the plate and raises to the safe height at that point it starts lowering again and embeds the bit into the touch plate? I am a little confused over this. When the bit lowers the second time it lowers at a much slower rate so I do have time to abort it. i am using the same buttons I used in the original probe screen set the buttons on the right with the x and y and a circle as well as the Z with the down arrow.

:drowning:

Please help if possible..

I have purchased a shuttleru, and while I wait for it to arrive I am doing a bit of research on setting it up. I use the big tex screenset, and I am wondering how to get it so I can push a button on the pendant to get it to run the zero routines. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just picked up a logitech game controller and want to do the same thing. It looks like there is an option for a "touch tool" that a button can be assigned to but I'm at a math camp for my son this week so it will be a while before I can try it out to see if it works. Maybe someone with real experience on this can help us out?

Page 16 of 21 61415161718