584,833 active members*
5,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Axiom

Axiom

Does anyone have anything, good or bad, to say about Axiom cnc router machines?

Re: Axiom

Saw a Pro-8 yesterday for the first time and some of the work it produced but didn't see it running. Overall, the build quality is very good, heavy steel plate chassis and stand - quite solid and well made. The work produced was very good. Recently they changed from the RichAuto DSP to a UCCNC Eth400 control system.

The aluminium T-slot table is very solid and the cut accuracy looked very clean.

Don't know what your pricing is like is the USofA but here in Australia, the local distributors summed up a price around A$14,000.00 for the unit with a 4th axis, dust boot and both vCarve Pro and Photo-Vcarve software. It's pricing is a little steep here (locally) for a hobbyist but it would certainly be well worthwhile considering as a small business machine supplied as a turnkey solution.

he1957, I would buy in an instant if they offered UCCNC with the axiom here in the USA. But Axiom USA refuses to even consider UCCNC. That stinks and their loss.

If you will watch the following video then you will see that the Axiom machines are also available from the I2R CNC company in Brooklyn NY.
    So I think you should contact them to get a machine with UCCNC: https://i2rcnc.com/
    The machines are also available in the UK at StoneyCNC, I'm currently considering getting one of the I2R series machines from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOsbFJssM2U

Quote Originally Posted by turosan View Post
    he1957, I would buy in an instant if they offered UCCNC with the axiom here in the USA. But Axiom USA refuses to even consider UCCNC. That stinks and their loss.
    If the base price with the DSP is reasonable, it wouldn't take much cost/effort to replace the controls with UCCNC and an AXBB control.

What I didn't mention was that the RichAuto DSP controls and handset is rather cool when you get the hang of it. I use one on my machine and quite like it. It has limitations and is annoying having to transfer the G-code from PC to handset on a USB stick but some other characteristics are quite useful.