584,826 active members*
5,070 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Adtech cnc controls, motors and drives etc

Adtech cnc controls, motors and drives etc

Hello. I'm looking to retrofit an old Bridgeport interact, and have found a company called Adtech who supply motors drives and controls.

Their products and pricing look incredibly good, does anyone have any experience of them ?

The website is adtechcnc.co.uk

Thanks Steve.

Re: Adtech cnc controls, motors and drives etc

Hello:

I just recently acquired an Adtech's CNC-4620 Lathe controller for retrofitting purposes, but I am currently having troubles with some control signals.

I would like to know if you purchased an Adtech's CNC controller and if you managed to retrofit your machine with it. Maybe you can help me.

Greetings.

Hello - I am a director of Adtech cnc europe Ltd. We are the European distributors for all Adtech CNC controls, servo motors, drives, spindle motors and other products for both the O/E, repair and retrofit CNC markets, and we give full technical support and backup to all our customers.
    What machine are you fitting the CNC-4620 Lathe controller to, and what problems do you have ?"

Regards
    Tim

Hello, Mr. Tim:

The machine we want to retrofit is an old OKUMA LS-N "BIG 10". We haven't started wiring anything to the machine yet. Our problem is that we don't understand the operation of the axis reset output signal of the CNC4620. When does it triggers and how should it be connected to a driver? (We guess the reset signal triggers when an alarm occurs and the reset button on the cnc4620 is pressed). According to manual, this signal is an optocoupled open collector output; we connected OUT pin to a 10K pull up resistor to external 5 V so when the reset signal triggers, the transistor should put OUT pin to ground potential (we connected 5 V ground to pin 24-) and thus a HIGH to LOW pulse should be created. We cannot see this pulse in our oscilloscope. We tried using a microcontroller to detect it with no success. I also tried changing the ServoResetOutELevel parameter to 1 and 0 and the result is the same.

This reset signal is vital because our driver shuts down on fault condition and must be reset.

The Okuma servos are DC motors. I'd like to keep using them as they're still in good conditions, that's why I need my dc drive to work. The driver is a PIC SERVO SC based H bridge amplifier. The reset signal goes to the MCLR pin of the PIC which is TTL level.

Thanks in advance!

Max Prezas

Hello

I have just joined because I have retrofitted a Bridgeport Interact 1 (was Heidenhain TNC145) with an Adtech 4640 controller.
    I have got everything working, but am struggling with the system of offsets and coordinate systems. I am used to Mach 3 which seems more logical.

Wondering if you carried out the retrofit and if you have experience with the controller.

Colin

I have almost finished my ecoca 4610 / adtech cnc4620 retrofit. It's up and running, but I have a few bugs that I can't figure out.

- G50 speed limiting doesn't work. My max spindle speed is only 2100rpm, but I'm still annoyed I can't make G50 work.

- I can't figure out how to set the work shift/work offset. I have figured out a workaround, but it only works with tool #1 and if I home the machine during a job, it resets to default again.

-Most annoyingly, it seems that G41/G42 don't work! The offset screen allows you to set tool point direction and radius data, but the control ignores it.
    This may prove to be a deal breaker if I can't make it work.

If anyone who has experience with these controls can help, I'd love to hear from you.
    I'd also be happy to help others, I've learned quite a lot about these controls in the last few months.

Hi tim, sorry for the trouble. My name is leandro and I bought a kit to retrofit my machining center Mazak VQC 20 / 40b and I am having problems for adtech technicians to help me with the parameters. would you have any contact email to see if they can help me?

I got my machine finished. It working pretty good. It has some quirks, but nothing I can't live with. I may be able to help if you're having trouble?

Adtech prices are very competitive.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Quote Originally Posted by cncmakers001 View Post
    Adtech prices are very competitive.
    What is the latest version firmware for a 4620 controller? I'd have to go check, but I think mine is dated 2017.

One thing I don't like is the inconsistent homing. The machine homes to the switches, then creeps forward just until the switch opens. Not to the marker pulse on the motor encoder. The Z axis isn't really a problem, but X axis is. Every time I power on I have to check and adjust X offsets on every tool I plan to use for a job.

Do the milling controllers have the same homing behaviour? If so, it needs to be fixed.

And G41, G42 don't work. That annoyed me badly. The tool point and nose radius settings are all there, but they do nothing.
    I nearly gave up on the control when I discovered that. Very, very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by proto-psycho View Post
    One thing I don't like is the inconsistent homing. The machine homes to the switches, then creeps forward just until the switch opens. Not to the marker pulse on the motor encoder. The Z axis isn't really a problem, but X axis is. Every time I power on I have to check and adjust X offsets on every tool I plan to use for a job.

Do the milling controllers have the same homing behaviour? If so, it needs to be fixed.
    ...I was reading your problem and a quick search for Adtech 4620 ...I found some information about how the "Home operation" works and there is a "Axis phase enable" setting in the Parameters (Axis Config) ..you can read more in the manual below
    ADT-CNC4620 CNC46XX Series CNC System Maintenance Manual pdf - CNC Manual
    page 15...Section 4.1

DJ

Yeah, thats what it says in the manual but it doesn't work. There are 2 settings, default is home to the switch and stop when it touches it. The other setting homes to the switch, touches it, then changes direction until the switch turns off.
    Just like the G41/G42 its a part of the firmware that hasn't been implemented properly.