585,719 active members*
4,506 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

U10L IGF SETTINGS

Hi All,

Have a new to me 2008 Soarer LB300-M with OSP-U10L control. Im not familiar with the U10L control however am familiar with multiple other OSP controls. The IGF on the U10L is different to what i'm used to in that you define the whole shape then auto process decide works out the machining method based on the tools setup form what i can see.
    I really don't like this style of the machine deciding the program and having to check over it and check the sequence it decides to do things in, I'm much more used to how say an OSP5000/7000 IGF and even newer E100L/P300 control does things where you define the shape that, that particular tool do after you have decided the process to take eg facing, od turning, grooving, threading, face milling, side milling etc. Is there a way on the U10L to have this setup the same way and do away with the auto process decide? I have tried a few different things and can get close to how i want it but not close enough and it seems cumbersome.

Re: U10L IGF SETTINGS

hy, the fastest way to master it, is to find in your area a similar machine with a good igf programmer; maybe you allready did this, but i sugest to ask your okuma dealer to help or someone to record his igf programing session, then send it to you

i can only help for osp p300

auto process decide requries a single key strock to be executed, but is a gamble, and demands for time consuming tool library definitions, that may be avoided if igf is used normally / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hy, the fastest way to master it, is to find in your area a similar machine with a good igf programmer; maybe you allready did this, but i sugest to ask your okuma dealer to help or someone to record his igf programing session, then send it to you

i can only help for osp p300

auto process decide requries a single key strock to be executed, but is a gamble, and demands for time consuming tool library definitions, that may be avoided if igf is used normally / kindly
    Yes this is what I’m trying to avoid and keeping full control of what the machine is doing at all times. Not sure there’s anyone local to us with the same control...

Re: U10L IGF SETTINGS

You can use the IGF the same as you are used to WITHOUT using the auto decide or "One Touch IGF". If you get used to using it this way it is actually faster than old IGF as the pages change dynamically as you use it and have more information available on one page. I call it re-touch IGF otherwise. You never get the process you want and trying to get it to do what you want sends you into IGF parameter hell. It's possible, but requires a lot of effort and extensive knowledge on how the parameters work. I firmly believe that if Okuma showed users how to use it as old IGF was used and then showed how One Touch worked, everyone would have accepted it better. It IS faster.

Some users do the auto decide and then go back and modify what they don't like. Sometimes it may present you with things that you haven't thought about so it can be educational, but from what I've seen, a programmer wants to process a part in a very specific way and IGF is not good at reading your mind. Setting up the right tools first can also help with auto decide. Setting the OD turning ratio paramaters can help a lot with roughing "more like you want". (facing vs OD turning)

Just go in and start defining processes and skip over the auto decide and I think you will be much happier.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.