584,841 active members*
4,764 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tormach 1300PL PLasma Cutter??

I was looking up info on the oil system parts and issues and stumbled on a Tormach 1300PL Plasma cutter. What a distraction!! Is this a new thing or a planned release? It looks really cool. If I only had room!

Curious about input from others about this. Of all things, my wife has told me before that I need "one of those machines that cuts the thin metal". Hmmm. She's probably right.

https://blog.tormach.com/introducing...-plasma-table/

Re: Tormach 1300PL PLasma Cutter??

Planned release today!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It would be a nice toy for artsy projects that might even be profitable. $13,950 for the basic machine + $2,725 for the plasma generator. Runs PP. Fortunately, I don't have enough room!

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    It would be a nice toy for artsy projects that might even be profitable. $13,950 for the basic machine + $2,725 for the plasma generator. Runs PP. Fortunately, I don't have enough room!
    Kstrauss its time to build add on to shop! Then you have room for a metal worker and break machine to finish the job.

Whats funny is I live near a steel mill and metal cost is still high around here. Anyway looks like another decent tool.
    I currently need to look over my mill and other tools. Yesterday power went out in my area and everything stopped. I was lucky mill was waiting for me to change tool. "i was out mowing lawn" So far my home a.c. thermostat is only thing not working right. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    The price I saw on their website was between $18000.00 to $20000.00. So if I would buy one, the price here would be around $30000.00.

Way too expensive for a 4 X 4 plasma cutter

Tormach 1300PL PLasma Cutter??

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey001 View Post
    The price I saw on their website was between $18000.00 to $20000.00. So if I would buy one, the price here would be around $30000.00.

Way too expensive for a 4 X 4 plasma cutter
    The base model is 14k

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes with no plasma torch....... that makes it pretty useless !

Its fine if you already have a plasma but youll still need a different torch for CNC or youll have to duct tape it up
    Tormach are pushing for Hyperterm and they while great arent cheap..... hence starting at 17k

I got one of the tables. Hardware seems to be built sturdy, the OHMIC probe adjustment is trash - very small and can't turn it. The PathPilot software is beta at best. Seems I have been a beta tester for them, idk. They are very slow to respond to any questions. Been almost 2 months and I can't get a working solution from them. I am using Fusion 360 - their DFX converter does not work well, so they sent me a Fusion 360 post file. I export the NC and then I get more errors. I would wait until they get the bugs worked out. I am pretty much done and hope they will accept a return on it.