585,557 active members*
3,326 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Kasuga Mill Control Swap Retrofit

So I got a Kasuga Mill in the shop around 3 weeks ago. I have been asking alot of questions on the Mach forum and decided on going with the current DC Servo drives w/ KFlop & KAnalog. I just got the boards this week and mounted them in an old tower. I have been having a hell of a time finding out any information on the bandit control. However some1 was nice enough to help me with a pdf manual for the NC400 DC Servo Controllers. It also has a Quickdraw tool changer which is the only thing I have seen actually work. The bandit has a bad power supply and I really don't feel like spending nearly $400 replacing it. The spindle motor does not power on. I think I'll run some tests tomorrow with the volt meter.

So my first question is how much PSI does the Quickdraw require to operate?

Second question is do I need the bandit control at all or can I remove that old brick and have my computer with Kflop & Kanalog handle everything? From what I could gather from my volt meter tests inside the bandit control was that the transformer for the power supply has power going in and nothing coming out. Could I just replace the transformer and see if it works?

Many more questions to come. I am really in no hurry to finish the project because I want to do it right but I really would like to start making some progress.

Re: Kasuga Mill Control Swap Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by K_Labs View Post
    So I got a Kasuga Mill in the shop around 3 weeks ago. I have been asking alot of questions on the Mach forum and decided on going with the current DC Servo drives w/ KFlop & KAnalog. I just got the boards this week and mounted them in an old tower. I have been having a hell of a time finding out any information on the bandit control. However some1 was nice enough to help me with a pdf manual for the NC400 DC Servo Controllers. It also has a Quickdraw tool changer which is the only thing I have seen actually work. The bandit has a bad power supply and I really don't feel like spending nearly $400 replacing it. The spindle motor does not power on. I think I'll run some tests tomorrow with the volt meter.

So my first question is how much PSI does the Quickdraw require to operate?

Second question is do I need the bandit control at all or can I remove that old brick and have my computer with Kflop & Kanalog handle everything? From what I could gather from my volt meter tests inside the bandit control was that the transformer for the power supply has power going in and nothing coming out. Could I just replace the transformer and see if it works?

Many more questions to come. I am really in no hurry to finish the project because I want to do it right but I really would like to start making some progress.

Have you solved the problem on your machine?, it seems I have the same issue in mine, probably same machine, my controller has a power supply malfunction (has a cracked housing), but still works, my main spindle motor also does not work, I had conected it directly to my 3 phase 220v power lines, and works just fine, by any chance, do you have any user manuals by now?