584,849 active members*
4,429 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > CNC Plasma / Oxy Fuel Cutting Machines > Retrofitting a cybermation 700a, sizing stepper motors?HELP

Retrofitting a cybermation 700a, sizing stepper motors?HELP

New to the forum, thanks for all the info!

I recently purchased a cybermation 700a 5x10 table. The Software/hardware is obsolete and needs some updates. Looking to rewire and install new stepper's and thc.
    That being said, having a hard time finding a simple formula for sizing the stepper motors, Im not really a engineering student lol. I normally build things to the overkill side of things. If i over size will i cause issues? if not, is there a "standard" for most 5x10 tables?

Also all reducing pullies are already in place, hoping to bolt in place new where old sat.

Thanks

Re: Retrofitting a cybermation 700a, sizing stepper motors?HELP

Hi Johno - What size mounts are on the machine Nema34 or Nema23? Motors are sized for force or speed or both. If its a router then you have to accommodate cutting forces. If its a plasma or laser then no cutting forces. So we need to know its purpose. Plus is is ballscrew or Rack and pinion? Need to know gear ratios and details of the lead etc. Then some calcs can be done. Peter