584,808 active members*
5,362 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Touch plate install issues

I am attempting to install a touchplate on my home made cnc. I am using mach 3 and on the diagnostic page the digitize light is already lit up. Even with nothing installed in pin #11 (where I have it configured for). If I switch active low to off the digitize led goes out but the touch plate still will not work. Any ideas?

Re: Touch plate install issues

Quote Originally Posted by Dixieman View Post
    I am attempting to install a touchplate on my home made cnc. I am using mach 3 and on the diagnostic page the digitize light is already lit up. Even with nothing installed in pin #11 (where I have it configured for). If I switch active low to off the digitize led goes out but the touch plate still will not work. Any ideas?
    What type of touch plate are you trying to use.
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    What type of touch plate are you trying to use.
    I am using an aluminum piece with a wire attached to pin 11 and the other to the ground on the board. The ground has an alligator clip to attach to the router. Supposedly when the bit touches the plate.it connects.the circuit. However the digitize light which is not supposed to be lit on the diagnostic page in Mach 3 is on. Even when the probe is disconnecte

Re: Touch plate install issues

Quote Originally Posted by Dixieman View Post
    I am using an aluminum piece with a wire attached to pin 11 and the other to the ground on the board. The ground has an alligator clip to attach to the router. Supposedly when the bit touches the plate.it connects.the circuit. However the digitize light which is not supposed to be lit on the diagnostic page in Mach 3 is on. Even when the probe is disconnecte
    Is your spindle Grounded, if not this will not work, check the continuity between the 4th Pin and the spindle body

You may have shorted that output if the spindle is not Grounded the Board can be damaged with this type of tool setter

These types are best no chance of a spike that can damage the Board
    Mactec54