584,826 active members*
5,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM
Page 1 of 7 123

3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

Hello to all ,
    I have a 3040-t cnc router from ebay and I am trying to get the spindle to come on using the program rather than using the spindle on switch and the speed pot knob also wanted to make the spindle shut off when the e-stop button is pressed . Right now when I push the e-stop button the spindle is the only thing that does not stop . I have searched youtube and I have found a few videos doing this but it was done a different type of controller box .

This is the youtube video I was talking about it was posted by a man named Charles Sarsfield the only thing is this is a different type of box than the one I have

https://youtu.be/OeBqSI8oevA

The box I have is called mini cnc controller it does not have usb port on the back

Re: 3040-T ROUTER MAKING SPINDLE TURN ON /OFF WITH PROGRAM

Hi Michael82

For some reason you have private messages disabled

Can you post detailed photos of the inside of the control box ?

When I'll know what spindle speed control and breakout board you have
    I can work out what wiring you need to switch the spindle on & off

John

Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    Hi Michael82

For some reason you have private messages disabled

Can you post detailed photos of the inside of the control box ?

When I'll know what spindle speed control and breakout board you have
    I can work out what wiring you need to switch the spindle on & off

John

Hey john I checked my settings but cant see y I dont get PM's any way here are the pics from my box

Quote Originally Posted by Michael82 View Post
    Hey john I checked my settings but cant see y I dont get PM's any way here are the pics from my box
    This is the bob

This is the bob
    More pics of the power supply and spindle controller

Do you have a reason to believe the spindle can actually be started by some means other than the switch?I might well be wrong,but can't see how a spindle with a switch can be started with the switch in the off position as the circuit will be broken and if the switch is in the on position it will be turning.I acknowledge that there could be relay on a parallel connection,but do you think there will be such a thing on a fairly basic machine?

watch the video that I posted at the bottom of this thread the guy in that video did it .. the switch comes from the unused relay switch on the driver board

When I read the part where you posted "This is the youtube video I was talking about it was posted by a man named Charles Sarsfield the only thing is this is a different type of box than the one I have " it seemed likely that the difference in the type of box might be more than skin deep. If you have carried out the change and it hasn't worked,that would tend to support my belief.The obvious next step is to apply a multimeter to the output from the controller to the spindle to see if a voltage is being sent.

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    When I read the part where you posted "This is the youtube video I was talking about it was posted by a man named Charles Sarsfield the only thing is this is a different type of box than the one I have " it seemed likely that the difference in the type of box might be more than skin deep. If you have carried out the change and it hasn't worked,that would tend to support my belief.The obvious next step is to apply a multimeter to the output from the controller to the spindle to see if a voltage is being sent.
    I should have explained myself a bit more sorry for that , rather than assuming that this could be done I should have asked , I have not carried out any changes yet and that is why Im here asking what it would take to make this happen ..... but knowing the difference between the box shown in the video and the box I have... made me asssume that this could be done even if I have to buy the same hardware as shown in the video.

going by the limited view in your photos

its going to take more details to reverse engineer your control box

the control in the video is easy in conparison as it has the spare relay on the combined BOB and 3 axis driver board
    and labelled terminals on the PWM spindle speed control

Attachment 431216

in your control box

you have a very simple BOB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	controller   BOB.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	431222

and 3 individual stepper drivers
    Attachment 431218

your spindle speed contol looks like a modified power supply with a remote potentiometer
    Attachment 431220

if its as I expect
    you may be able to connect an unused signal from the BOB to a relay with a built in current amplifier

the relay then switching the mains supply to the spindle control

John

going by the limited view in your photos

its going to take more details to reverse engineer your control box

the control in the video is easy in conparison as it has the spare relay on the combined BOB and 3 axis driver board
    and labelled terminals on the PWM spindle speed control

Attachment 431216

in your control box

you have a very simple BOB

Name:	controller   BOB.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	431222

and 3 individual stepper drivers
    Attachment 431218

your spindle speed contol looks like a modified power supply with a remote potentiometer
    Attachment 431220

if its as I expect
    you may be able to connect an unused signal from the BOB to a relay with a built in current amplifier

the relay then switching the mains supply to the spindle control

John
    so should I just redo the whole box??? make it alot like the video change the single stepper drivers to a 3 axis stepper board and change out the spindle driver I will take some more pictures of the sp[indle box open to get a better view of what is inside . Im at work now so around 4:30 central time I will post more pictures.... Thanks John for even looking at this for me as others just want to say it cant be done

this is the first relay I found that may enable your BOB to switch the mains supply to your spindle

Name:	IACS 1 Channel 25A 30A 240V Relay Board SPDT Arduino Raspberry Pi 1XHCEL Optical.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	431224

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IACS-1-Ch....c100752.m1982

John

this is the first relay I found that may enable your BOB to switch the mains supply to your spindle

Name:	IACS 1 Channel 25A 30A 240V Relay Board SPDT Arduino Raspberry Pi 1XHCEL Optical.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	431224

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IACS-1-Ch....c100752.m1982

John
    ok where would this go to the bob to the spindle power?

ok where would this go to the bob to the spindle power?
    What should be the supply voltage ? it ask on ebay when buying it 5v,9v,12v,24v

After looking through your photos

If the HN25-150-24 powers your stepper drivers , I would use the 24V version of the relay board so the stepper driver power supply can power the relay coil

I will look for the circuit diagram of your BOB I have to find the connections that need to be connected to the relay board

once I have double checked the relay board I will post the wiring diagram to connect the BOB , relay board and spindle speed control

John

If the HN25-150-24 powers your stepper drivers , I would use the 24V version of the relay board so the stepper driver power supply can power the relay coil

I will look for the circuit diagram of your BOB I have to find the connections that need to be connected to the relay board

once I have double checked the relay board I will post the wiring diagram to connect the BOB , relay board and spindle speed control

John
    OK and when I get to the house in about 1 hour I will post more pics of the spindle controller

John
    More pics to follow ....the black red and blue wires go to the speed pot knob the red and black wire to the right of those 3 wires go to the ac/24v on the bob , the 3rd wire from the left goes to the box labeled hn25-150_24 and the last red wire goes to the on /off switch for the spindle on the front of the box

I have found this data sheet for the relay board

Attachment 431258

and a schematic for the BOB that needs checking

Attachment 431260

I have a couple of questions

(1 how many axis does your machine have ?

if you are only using 3 axis I would be inclined to connect the 4th axis to the relay board

( 2 do you have a multi meter to check the motor connector on the BOB ?

Attachment 431262

John

More pics to follow ....the black red and blue wires go to the speed pot knob the red and black wire to the right of those 3 wires go to the ac/24v on the bob , the 3rd wire from the left goes to the box labeled hn25-150_24 and the last red wire goes to the on /off switch for the spindle on the front of the box

Here are pictures of the hn25-150-24

I have found this data sheet for the relay board

Attachment 431258

and a schematic for the BOB that needs checking

Attachment 431260

I have a couple of questions

(1 how many axis does your machine have ?

if you are only using 3 axis I would be inclined to connect the 4th axis to the relay board

( 2 do you have a multi meter to check the motor connector on the BOB ?

Attachment 431262

John
    It is a 3 axis machine ....and yes I do have a multimeter...what do I check

Page 1 of 7 123