585,954 active members*
3,992 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

1204R Missing steps / programming issue?

Hello everyone, finally getting to mess with the used 1204R we bought a few months back.

I'm running Fusion 360 for CAM and Mach3 for the sender.

Preview in Mach3 looks great, but I'm having an issue where when the router is done machining and moving to the next area to machine (above surface) it will stop before getting to the point where it's supposed to be and then start machining the toolpath. It's like it missed steps.

I thought maybe my rapid or feed was too high for the machine so I backed it down to 80ipm but I'm still having the problem. The first time I had this problem, I tried cutting the same part again on a different spot on the table and it happened in the same area of the part as the previous one. I changed from adaptive clearing to pocket toolpath on the next try and it then had the same issue on a different part of the toolpath, all of these have been issues with the rapid movement even though it's down to 80ipm.

Last try it made it through all the pockets and clearing and then happened on the way to start the contour toolpath.

Any ideas?

Re: 1204R Missing steps / programming issue?

Hi,
    had same issue with my 1000 series. Try to grease linear guideways or better change them, like I did.

Quote Originally Posted by maurim View Post
    Hi,
    had same issue with my 1000 series. Try to grease linear guideways or better change them, like I did.
    I've been able to isolate the issue down to rapid movements being the problem. Trying to work through Mach3 and Fusion 360 settings now.

What grease do you use and what did you change to?

I changed all the linear guideways.
    Problem wasn't what grease I used but there was already dust inside and bearings got stuck. Greasing was temporary solution for me.
    They looked like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200722_171428.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	446252

That looks like what I currently have. That could be something I do down the road but right now it seems to be fusion 360/mach 3 related. I was just curious what grease you used on the guideways in general as we need to get some.