584,817 active members*
5,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > OKUMA OSP7000 reload datas procedure
Page 1 of 2 12

OKUMA OSP7000 reload datas procedure

Lathe machine LCS15E with OSP7000 has lost datas due to battery backup drop off.
    At power on alarm 945 appear.
    If i turn on maintenance switch on CNC i can see the menu to reload software data.
    I have 6 floppy disk with all original backup.
    Could someone explain the step-step procedure to reload it?
    Machine is provided with Floppy Disk Drive.

Thanx for your support.
    Roberto

turn on load switch
    put disk 1 in
    press load start
    follow prompts

i tryed to do so, but it says that install file not present.
    If i try to read disk#1 #2 in my PC they look unformatted.....is it correct?

They will not read in a PC.

I vaguely remember needing a system install disk, been too long, but i thought disk 1 was the install disk.

the 1st disk is Okuma bootable. It could be incompatible with MSDOS. The installation set is provided by Okuma, can't be made by Okuma backup. Most of disks are OSP format. All installation set is one continuous product.

Depends on the version of software you have - there were two types on the 7000L - the older type had disks labeled "FR 1/n", where "n" is the number of disks in the set. With this set, you will also have a disk labeled "MD 1/1". On the newer type of software, there is a set of disks, but the easy identifier here is that the first disk in the group will be labeled "INSTALL FLOPPY" and it will be red in color. Let me know what you have and I'll get you the procedure.

Re: OKUMA OSP7000 reload datas procedure

Quote Originally Posted by cncts11 View Post
    Depends on the version of software you have - there were two types on the 7000L - the older type had disks labeled "FR 1/n", where "n" is the number of disks in the set. With this set, you will also have a disk labeled "MD 1/1". On the newer type of software, there is a set of disks, but the easy identifier here is that the first disk in the group will be labeled "INSTALL FLOPPY" and it will be red in color. Let me know what you have and I'll get you the procedure.
    Hi sir......
    I would like to disturb you,I also met one similar case and I've run Disk 1/8 (red disc), I get the message as images 1 and
    when I run disk 2/8, I get error messages such as picture number 2
    -please tell me what should I do in this case?
    look forward to your help .... sincerely appreciate very much

Hello, i have the same problem with one of my LU15-OSP7000L. Battery was changed 2011, no other messages and one morning it didn't wake up :/
    I have all the system disks and i did the install procedure. Problem is now i still get the "Battery Dead" alarm and machine boot up doesn't continue.
    Could you advice if this is normal or i did something wrong ?
    Can anyone send me an image (.ody made with OSP Floppy Okuyucu program) of the Battery Change and Backup (Disk D i think) diskette so i can make a backup and reset my alarm ?

Thank you in advance.

I assume you are getting the 4035 Battery/Memory Board Alarm; the only way to get rid of that is with the use of a utility disk. There are actually two disks that can do this, of which neither were given out to customers. The first disk is the Battery Initialization Disk, the second is a new utility disk (commonly referred to as the maintenance disk) that contains a bootup menu essentially the same as what is on the U10/U100 and newer controls. This menu has various options, one of them being the restoration of the battery. Most of the dealers use the new maintenance disk. I don't know if the dealers will sell it to you, but they have it and can reset that alarm.

Yes it was that alarm.
    Anyway i somehow found the OSP7000 System disk (i guess it's the utility disk) i reset the alarm and the machine boots up.
    Now it brings up alarm that parameters are missing. I have a diskette which contains the A.top and all other PBU's etc. I follow the procedure but when i try to copy the parameters in the machine i have 2 problems.
    According the procedure i must copy all the files in MD1: first, when i start copy i get message that memory is full at half of the list.
    When i try to read the A.TOP file directly i get error message that the "Decimal point unexpected" or sort of ... any ideas ?

After you load all the software, you should cycle the power and bring the machine up in normal mode, with e-stop in. When you bring the A.TOP file back in, all you need to do is go to EDIT AUX, find DATA PIP and then select "input", type "FD0:" and hit the write key. It should bring all the data in. If the A.TOP file was made in inch, you may have a problem; that file should be made in metric mode, as the control may have a problem with the rounding of data, which would stop the loading process.

Everything up and running. Thank you for the support.
    The actual problem with the A.TOP was the emergency stop, i missed it the first time and it generated that error (strange that the error was for decimal point ...)
    Repeated the procedure with e-stop pressed and it went well. The okuma service guy who made the backup in 2011 didn't make the lower turret B.TOP but anyway i restored the limits and it's working.
    Now i have all the disks images copied on an usb stick so if everything happens with the disks in future i can create new ones.

Hi everyone;

I was wondering if anyone has Okuma OSP7000 's six installation floppy disks. My disks arent working.

Thanks everyone
    Golpar

Hello,
    what's the alarm text ?
    If i remember right (i did that a couple of months ago), you just choose that you will install from the menu and continue with the diskettes until you put the last one. After that you reboot the machine in normal mode. and must restore the *.TOP files with parameters as described in previous comments here.
    After it boots normally, it should have the annoying battery alarm still up.. procedure there is a bit more complicated but still doable... let me know when you reach there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajamimachinery View Post
    Hi everyone;

I was wondering if anyone has Okuma OSP7000 's six installation floppy disks. My disks arent working.

Thanks everyone
    Golpar
    What model is the machine ? I have disks but they are for LU15/LU15M, don't know if parameters would work on your machine.

guys i have a problem on the instal part . I have change the ucmb and now it gives a 955 error has anyone had this problem ?

0955 Spec. code: data file
    [Code] ABCCCCCC
    A:
    1-> NC specification code file (FR0A
    2-> EC specification code file (FR0A
    3-> NC specification code file for PLC created by MTB (FR0G
    4-> NC specification code file for PLC created by MTB (MD0G
    B:
    1-> No file is found.
    SECTION 3 ALARM P
    4187-E P-74-R2
    2-> File attribute and sector size do not conform to ’SPC1’.
    3-> Mismatch of the machine number
    3-> Mismatch of the machine name
    4-> Mismatch of the specification code data
    6= -
    7= Mismatch of the specification code data (such as machine number, machine name, and coded data)
    except for the data stored in the specification code change file
    8= The file is not OSP-formatted.
    9= File open error
    A= File read error
    CCCCCC: 000000 ... BÅÇ5
    XXYYZZ ... B=5
    XX: Byte position of the mismatched specification code
    YY: Mismatched specification code data
    ZZ: Specification code data (before change

the FR instal Meniu gives a 152 alarm

152 Memory disk ROM write
    An error occurred in data writing onto the memory disk (FR).
    [Character-string]
    Start of writingThe transition from read-only mode to program mode does not take place.
    End of writing The transition from program mode to read-only mode does not take place.
    Verify Verification proved that the data written onto the memory disk (FR) did not match the original data.
    Element deleteElement in the memory disk cannot be deleted.
    Running task During task running, writing was attempted onto the memory disk (FR).
    [Code]
    1-> An error occurred in the memory board No. 1.
    2-> An error occurred in the memory board No. 2.
    XXXXXXXX->Address near the error location
    [Probable Faulty Locations]
    1) Defective memory disk (FR)
    2) Defective control software (in the case of task running)
    [Measures to Take]
    Change the memory board or flash memory card causing the error. * Correct the control software (in the case of
    task running).

Hello all. I'm really hoping someone here can help me.
    Machine is OSP 7000M
    Situation is that the battery died, tech was called in to replace it. upon boot there was a problem and the disks had to be loaded in. But the 8th/10 disk threw an error 325. Tech advised new disks, which we bought. But this did not fi the problem.

We have tried old disks and new disks - but same situation.

Any idea what may be the problem?

Did they try to re-initialize the memory prior to loading the disks? You could do that first, but if that doesn't work, then most likely the issue is you have a bad memory board. You can contact me at [email protected] for the board, most likely we have it in stock.

buenas tardes!
    alguien que tenga el disquete de mantenimiento para cargar software a osp700l

Page 1 of 2 12