584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Cannot post job now.
Page 1 of 2 12

Question Cannot post job now.

I reinstalled BobCAD V27 after a harddrive failure. Now I get this error when I try posting a milling job.
    Attachment 454006

A search of the harddrive does not find the file MillingPostExe_Paths.txt at all.
    None of my settings point to the folder (which does not exist on this machine).
    Attachment 454008

How can I get this working again?

Re: Cannot post job now.

BTW, this is on a Windows 10 machine.
    I have since restarted the computer and retried to post. No change.

Still Not Working but I have done an uninstall and reinstall, then installed the relevant post processor.
    Now the MillingPostExe_Paths.txt file exists and is in the folder at "Butch Elrod/AppData/Local/Temp". When trying to post (make gcode) I still get the error that it cannot find "Elrod/AppData/Local/Temp/MillingPostExe_Paths.txt" NOTE the lack of Butch at the start. Could the space in the user name be causing this error???

Most likely you need the entire path, something like "C:\Butch Elrod\AppData\Local\Temp\MillingPostExe_Paths.txt"
    Steve
    V28/29 4x Pro, Haas VF-3SSYT, Haas SL-30

Quote Originally Posted by Alf0412 View Post
    Most likely you need the entire path, something like "C:\Butch Elrod\AppData\Local\Temp\MillingPostExe_Paths.txt"
    I agree with you but I cannot find where this path is called out in BobCAD so that I can change it. I have added the missing file to the Temp folder named in the settings area. No joy.

Attachment 454076

Try:

C:\Butch%20Elrod\AppData\Local\Temp\MillingPostExe _Paths.txt

Quote Originally Posted by rmalford View Post
    Try:

C:\Butch%20Elrod\AppData\Local\Temp\MillingPostExe _Paths.txt
    Try where? I am not inputting the path. It automatically appears in the error message.

...Post Processor in Bobcad v23 it's ...right-click the Milling Tools then Current Settings in the Cam Tree to select file folder. Not sure about V27

Hope that helps ya,
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...Post Processor in Bobcad v23 it's ...right-click the Milling Tools then Current Settings in the Cam Tree to select file folder. Not sure about V27

Hope that helps ya,
    DJ
    It did help me verify that I have the correct post processor installed. Still getting the error that it cannot find this *.txt file

Thats not a file you are supposed to "Have". It is dynamically created by the posting engine.

Try close BobCad then right click the icon and choose run as administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Thats not a file you are supposed to "Have". It is dynamically created by the posting engine.

Try close BobCad then right click the icon and choose run as administrator.
    Run as admin sounded like a great idea but I still got the same error. Tried with stored text drawing as vcarve and also drew simple part and tried with it. Even changed post processor and still get the same error.

... starting to sound like you have a W10 admin problem..or firewall Defender issue.
    https://www.google.com/search?client...ws+10+firewall

Quote Originally Posted by twoclones View Post
    Run as admin sounded like a great idea but I still got the same error. Tried with stored text drawing as vcarve and also drew simple part and tried with it. Even changed post processor and still get the same error.
    I would start looking at how you got your installation back to the hard drive...

I dont fully remember, but i think v27 still had full, initial installers, and update files that were compact and only an update to a full install...

So, look at your install process. Revisit it if needed.

... starting to sound like you have a W10 admin problem..or firewall Defender issue.
    https://www.google.com/search?client...ws+10+firewall
    I definitely agree but am not finding an issue to correct. I turned off Defender (and the 3 firewalls) then started BobCAD as Admin and tried to post a pretty simple vcarve tool path. Same error

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I would start looking at how you got your installation back to the hard drive...

I dont fully remember, but i think v27 still had full, initial installers, and update files that were compact and only an update to a full install...

So, look at your install process. Revisit it if needed.
    You lost me a bit here. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice since initially installing onto the new Win 10 drive. Last time I clicked Yes to all the default choices including the full install.

I definitely agree but am not finding an issue to correct. I turned off Defender (and the 3 firewalls) then started BobCAD as Admin and tried to post a pretty simple vcarve tool path. Same error
    ...turning off Defender didn't work. Did you try adding BobCab27 App to the "Allow List" ?
    https://www.technipages.com/blockunb...ndows-firewall

...turning off Defender didn't work. Did you try adding BobCab27 App to the "Allow List" ?
    https://www.technipages.com/blockunb...ndows-firewall
    I have now. Even restarted the laptop then opened Bobcad at Admin. Same error.
    Attachment 454214

I reinstalled BobCAD V27 after a harddrive failure. Now I get this error when I try posting a milling job.
    Attachment 454006

A search of the harddrive does not find the file MillingPostExe_Paths.txt at all.
    None of my settings point to the folder (which does not exist on this machine).
    Attachment 454008

How can I get this working again?
    ...after installing Bobcad App did you also have to reload the Post Processor for your type machine Fanuc, Fadal or what ever your machine is?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BobCad Post.jpg  

...after installing Bobcad App did you also have to reload the Post Processor for your type machine Fanuc, Fadal or what ever your machine is?
    Yes. It's a Digital Wood Carver (router) and I still had the original email with the post processor file attached.

...I see there was an Update for V27...available. check your Build number to see.
    https://bobcad.com/support/software-...loggedout=true

Page 1 of 2 12