585,758 active members*
4,401 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > How to pick up G54 Offset, and Door interlock bypass ?s.

How to pick up G54 Offset, and Door interlock bypass ?s.

What is procedure of pick up the Work Offset, and how do I bypass the door interlock on a SL 20?

Thanks.

If you have a tool probe. Set the tool offset with the probe, then jog the tool you set to the face of the stock and hit z face measure. You should get a negative number that's close to the distance from the probe to the stock.

Setting 51 is for the door override.

Exclamation You shouldn't - Grin

If setting 51 is to much hassel do what I (err...somebody I know did) take a thin piece of sheet metal and bend up a little cap that clips over the prox. sensor. I (err.. "He") just takes it on and off as needed.
    Steve

I don't have a probe setter. I'm using the Z measure, but what if I have 0.1 more to take off. The way I'm doing it now is, I touch the part, hit Z measure, then enter 0.1 to set my G54 Offset. Is there a fast way?

And how do I Set 51?

Thanks.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
    I don't have a probe setter. I'm using the Z measure, but what if I have 0.1 more to take off. The way I'm doing it now is, I touch the part, hit Z measure, then enter 0.1 to set my G54 Offset. Is there a fast way?

And how do I Set 51?

Thanks.
    Under Settings press seting/graph … use the page up and page down to fine param 51. It is automatically set to ‘Off’ which stops the program and spindle each time the machine is powered up, so you will have to change it to ‘on’ every time. A pain, that’s why I use (uuuh… this friend ) uses the metal clip on at times. The instructions for settings are on page 167 of the 96-8700 rev P Jan. 2007 manual. The instructions for touching off the tools are on page 32. Hints: your touching off the back side of the tool with a .001 shim, and jogging over to position. Just under the power/up/restart button is the and the f3 is x/z jog button. The jog speeds are to the right side of the control panel by 'hand Jog'.0001, .001, .01 ,.1 be careful. Also lastly after touching off with a shim (or turning a cut by hand jogging) the “x dia” button is pressed and you enter minus sign and the diameter.
    Steve
    PS.. get the manual if you don't have one...

You don't need to use the g54 work offset then. Just leave it zero and touch all your tools to the face of the stock.

You could touch the turning tool off then subtract like .020 in z then face the part off and touch all the other tools off from the finished face.

setting 51 is either on or off. just go to settings page ender 51 and hit down arrow and it will jump to setting 51.