I was just wondering if any of the manufacturers of tables or kits offered educational discounts. You may have seen a couple of my posts about building a table for my shop, including the latest where I lucked into a nice little XYZ table that I'll be using for now for my personal business. But, I am also the welding instructor for a community college, and many of my students expressed interest in having/building a plasma table for the school. Since I even have an ornamental metal certificate with a plasma class it would be great to add a cnc table to the mix. Here's the problem - in case you haven't heard our economy isn't the greatest, and I work for a state owned/run school. So, the budget is really tight.

I was wondering if any of the kit manufacturers out there offered substantial educational discounts. We have the ability here to make about any style table we want, plus we have a machine tool program in the next building for anything we can't fabricate ourselves. We'll just have to come up with the components, electrical, and software. So, do any of you companies out there wish to help out the school by providing future students with some of your equipment to get accustomed to while they are being trained to possibly become future purchasers?? Also - if items are donated to the cause I can get the school to provide documentation for tax purposes!

Thank you,
Jason