Has anyone experienced similar problems as we have? Let me explain.
We bought our Multus B300W just before IMTS'08. Upon arriving some of the options we're not available for 3 months so we had to sign off incomplete and pay the piper. So no power there.
Within the 1st month we had to have the software re-installed everyday for a week.
It took another couple months to work through many Alarms, getting Featurecam to generate the right code, and tweaking, tweaking, tweaking Caron Engineering's TMAC tool monitoring software.
Over the next year I spent every day on the phone & email with Caron trouble shooting alarms.
Caron Eng eventually says to return a board and they'll modify it, and send fresh software. Then they say I need an API software from Okuma.
All arrives and is installed.
BTW, I have a close friend that is an Okuma Certified Master Tech and Apps guy. I'm hiring him to deal with all the fuss because I have a business to run, not just one machine.
Along with the TMAC alarms, I continually got Thermal over temp alarms. Even when the Multus was just sitting idle, or just started up in the morning.
Also had tool changer lock ups. The sensor in the magazine would either be covered in sludge or Okuma told me I need to take all the black Capto tools and polish them shinny.
Eventually Okuma personnel arrived and they changed the temp setting on the spindle chiller unit, which stopped the Thermal Alarms.
Shortly after that, tools began getting stuck in the spindle, then began hanging out of the spindle. I learn there's a gas spring for the drawbar that has failed. Luckily it's under warranty because it's a $10k part.
All along I have a feeling something else is wrong because tool changes are crazy long. The turret will just sit there for seconds then do the tool change.
Well, sure enough, Okuma and local service are in my shop again taking the turret out to find dissolved hydraulic seals. Velocite oil mixing in the Hydraulic oil. They end up Overnight shipping/Saturday morning deliver a new hydraulic manifold. That's installed early the next week. It took 3 tries to get it in without tearing seals. Then remember the dissolved seals, well all those bit are throughout the hydraulic system. I was asked to run parts and we'll clean the valves every time the turret locks up due to contaminants.
I finally insisted they flush the entire hydraulic system.
Which they tried and stuff still was working it's way to the valves and stopping production.
Sometime around Thanksgiving the gas spring drawbar that was replaced 5 months earlier failed again. Okuma personnel and local service again tearing it down and trying to figure out what, why, and how to fix it.
They tell me I need coolant tubes for the tools. $5k later coolant tubes are in. Tool magazine tosses tools because it's not made to accommodate the tubes. More days down modifying the tool shuttle in the magazine.
Shortly after Christmas the Turret has to be removed again. I went on vacation and let Okuma take over my shop. Please fix it while I'm gone. I was told the turret was in & out at least 3X.
I get back from vacation and try to run production. The parts catcher is clunking and tilting back into the machine. I ask service what happened. They swear nothing. Well for the past 2 months they cannot fix the parts catcher. Earlier this week I tried to run production again and after 10hrs of parts, something locked up with the tool changer. The springs that clamp the tool shank when in the swing arm were crumbled. Rotted away like I've never seen metal rot. Well, it's back online again tonight. Let's see what else can break on it.
Oh yeah, there's a set screw plug on the bottom of the turret. Get a 10mm Allen wrench and pull it. Get a cup and see if anything comes out. I'm finding lots of Velocite oil with black particulate. Seals must be dissolving again.

Has anyone had any where near the bad luck I've had?
I only have 6 months left on my warranty......

Tonight I setup to run a part where half the features are cut using Y axis in T200 position. After running one part and measuring I discovered Y axis is out of position by 0.010". One feature is a hole that is drilled from both sides off center. When this part is finished a pin is supposed to be able to pass though the entire width of the part. Last month I notified Okuma and local service the Y axis is out 0.005". I could still get the pin through but it was tight.
Tonight, the pin will no longer go through. Okuma personnel were onsite 2/18/10 pulling the turret to to fix the 0.005" in Y axis. This week it's worse.
Obviously Okuma will have to come back next week and tear it all down again.

Has anyone had to request Okuma to take a machine back?