585,715 active members*
3,961 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

pic v assembler dynapath

I would like to edit the program that came in a Delta 50 for Milling machine.
    I am able to download file from machine but i would like to have the SR file for this program. It is the basic delta 20 version.
    I need to add some front panel inputs and want to use the front panel inputs.
    [email protected]

The PIC .SR file is written specifically for your mill. In otherwords, a generic .SR file for a vertical mill will not work.

I messed around with the .SR file on my Tree and ran into quite a few problems. Mainly, the wiring diagram that I had, did not match the .SR file it was generated for. I was able to get it working, but it was a steep and frustraing learning curve.

I'm under the impression that Dynapath would typically create these for most machine tool builders. They may have a copy of the source code for your mill or perhaps the machine builder could send you one. What type of mill is it?

THIS IS A NEW INSTALL. I NEED TO EDIT THE I/O FOR THIS CONTROL. IT WOULD BE MUCH EASER IF I HAD A COPY OF THE SR FILE RATHER THAN WORKING FROM THE LS FILE.

Are you saying that you have a milling machine that originally had a Delta 20 control installed and that you are now updating to a Delta 50? The two controls have object files (the machine code you retrieved from the Delta 20) that are incompatible. The Delta 20 used a PIC IV Assembler to create machine code and the Delta 50 would use the PLC V Assembler. The I/O tables are also different - the CNC-to-PIC and PIC-to-CNC files were re-mapped between the two models.

All that being said, if you have an LS (or listing) file in electronic form, you can create an SR (or source) file by lopping off the first 22 columns of each line. Also, the PLC V Assembler was always distributed with the updated CNC-to-PIC and PIC-to-CNC tables for each type (mill, lathe, or punch) of control. This makes it relatively easy to remove the Delta 20 tables and insert the Delta 50 tables.