585,753 active members*
3,826 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Bobcad cam lathe

Hi everybody, this is my first post.I hope to get to know some of you as time goes by .my question is this :- I have bobcad v23 lathe and have had some success with importing solid models and using them to get my tool paths and G codes. I have been programming for a number of years on both lathes and milling machines, mostly what could be called Longhand. The problem is that I have very little knowledge of the cad side of cad cam. Is there any information out there that would help? Thanks for reading - Pete Ward

Hi Pete,
    Take a look at the BobCad support channel on Youtube.

Thanks Burrman Ican see there is loads f information out there when you know where to look. the advice was very good.

Hey Pete,
    Yeah thats Sean Owen from BobCad and he does some great videos that give good insight. Also look for "The Engine Guy" on this forum as someone who knows BobCad Lathe Fairly well.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Hey Pete,
    Also look for "The Engine Guy" on this forum as someone who knows BobCad Lathe Fairly well.

Good luck.
    Hi Pete

As I am also in the UK if you get stuck (Doesn`t sound like you will though ) you can PM me through this Board for a `phone number to call me on.

Regards
    Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for your reply. I am doing ok with the Cam side of things but I have had very little experience with the cad part . As I am of "advancing years [62] I am definately slower at grasping the nettle so to speak altough I am stillas keen to learn now as when I was an apprentice, eons ago.
    Cheers Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete ward View Post
    Hi Rob, thanks for your reply. I am doing ok with the Cam side of things but I have had very little experience with the cad part . As I am of "advancing years [62] I am definately slower at grasping the nettle so to speak altough I am stillas keen to learn now as when I was an apprentice, eons ago.
    Cheers Pete
    Hi Pete

You and me both !! I`m drawing the pension before you, later this year in fact!!!

Regards
    Rob

Hi Burrman,thanks again for your post. Engineman has also dropped me a line and has offered help should I have any problems. Its nice to know that an old Git like me is beng looked after in his dotage[British for senile old age] All the best Pete

Machinists of the world come together.....UNITE! Up the establishment. Forlong, foregoing and outright! We shall, in the end, remain true....To the chips and streamers that lay before us.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Machinists of the world come together.....UNITE! Up the establishment. Forlong, foregoing and outright! We shall, in the end, remain true....To the chips and streamers that lay before us.
    I knew it was only a matter of time :wee:

Too much sun will do it to you every time, should have taken that job in Alaska Burr

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro::rainfro::rainfro:

RE BobCAD

If you have BobCAD, you should have gotten their tutorial CD's. These are an in depth set of videos on how to use their product and they are very well done. If you go through the entire group, and there are a bunch, you can go from a novice with no CAD programming skill to actually drafting your parts as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    I knew it was only a matter of time :wee:

Too much sun will do it to you every time, should have taken that job in Alaska Burr
    If I had no wife and kids, I would be there as we speak. Full beard. Old dirty cloths and making my way as I see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger5154 View Post
    If you have BobCAD, you should have gotten their tutorial CD's. These are an in depth set of videos on how to use their product and they are very well done. If you go through the entire group, and there are a bunch, you can go from a novice with no CAD programming skill to actually drafting your parts as needed.
    Yep, I have them, 14 CDs in total, only 2 of them are for the Lathe but they are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Burrman
    If I had no wife and kids, I would be there as we speak. Full beard. Old dirty cloths and making my way as I see fit.
    Would that be in a truck on the "Dalton" via Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay?????

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro::rainfro::rainfro:

Hehehe! On foot...In the mountains! SOMEWHERE in the Yukon.

The winters are hard, but the fishing in the summer makes it worth it.

Who wants to be 113 years old and crapping all over themselves. I want to be eaten by a bear when I cant fight them off with a switch blade or run fast enough any more!!! (nuts)

Ihe problem is that I bought Bobcad Lathe and there are only two training discs inluded and they don`t cover Cad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete ward View Post
    Ihe problem is that I bought Bobcad Lathe and there are only two training discs inluded and they don`t cover Cad at all.
    Hi Pete.

There are some vids on the youtube support channel that will give a good leg-up:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BobcadcamSupport