585,981 active members*
4,432 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question mori seiki mv junior "jog rset" error

We have a mv junior at the shop but when i turn it on it says jog rset and EMG at the bottom of the crt. it won't allow me to enter MDI ,EDIT ,MEM or HANDLE modes. The EMG makes me think that the emergency stop button is on but it is not. We just took the cover off to tighten the belt on the motor/spindle. could moving the motor have something to do with this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It seems like you could have low voltage DC missing somewhere. If by turning the function switch, the display does not change to indicate the function like EDIT, MEM etc look on the diagnostic page for the input bit display and rotate the switch and see if you can see a bit pattern changing in the word assigned to the switch inputs.
    If you see nothing changing, check the 24v supply to the pendant.
    It appears you have a Fanuc control? what model?
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

yes you are correct the controller is a fanuc 10m. We think that something must have gotten shorted out when we were working on it.

If you look in the diagnostic pages DIO page through while turning the switch and you will find one page that has all the pendant switches on it, this will tell you if the function switch is working, if you see no changes then I would look for a power supply problem 24v
    Al

Albert E.

thanks for the info. It is not a switch on the controller it is several buttons on the panel MEM EDIT JOG RAPID etc..
    None of them will work or light up. You cannot even turn on coolant.
    You can However change the display from POS screen to PROG screen and see the prog in memory.

We have a Kuraki with a M15 (M?) controller. We normaly get that error when the machine hits a limit during alignment, if the machine was too close to the limit when powered on.

On our machine you have to hold a yellow READY button and hold the green button next to it (the button that powers on the axis drives/spindle). You can then only use the hand wheel to get the axis off the limit switch and clear the error.

Charlie

Can someone please tell me how to post a question. thank you

fanuc 10m

I have a mori seiki mv junior with a fanuc 10m controller s/n 149 its from 1986. At the bottom of the crt it says "emg" like the emergency stop button has been pushed in but its not pushed in. I am using a list of parameters supplied by the manufactorer but the "emg" wil not go away. The mill seems to have a good power supply. Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated. THANK YOU!!

What is the number showing on the single digit display on the MB?
    Al.

Albert E.

jog rset

Thank you for the response, my problem has changed since yestarday I was able to get rid of the emg alarm but now my mori seiki mv junior (fanuc 10m) says jog rset at the bottom of the crt as soon as I turn it on. it won't allow me to enter MDI ,EDIT ,MEM or HANDLE modes. Inside the electrical cabinet there is a single digit readout and it says "1". Also when I check the alarm message from the pc side it says alarm no. 36 machine ready off.I read a post by Al The Man yestarday instructing someone with the same problem on how to fix it but the post seems to be gone now. Also when I go to the diag. page and try to change modes I do see the numbers changing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    THANK YOU!!!

I have a sl3 with fanut 11 who has trouble moving one referenciarce without holding down the joystick can someone tell me what the problem??? I am in despair