Hi,

I am a machine operator for a Marble and Granite factory and have been working with an old Z.Bavelloni EGAR 320-4 and a new Breton nc260 k23.

Recently the Bav has been having problems and the the controller Motherboard died and has been sent away twice for repairs with the last time replacing the mobo. it is the 1040 series.

The problem that i face now is that i cannot get the pc and bav to communicate with each other, nothing has been changed on the pc end for sending the program code but i think the bav settings might have changed when the new mobo was installed therefore i matched the settings to the pc software. The PC software is easycad, egar320cam and for transfering to the machine is inout-cnc
The settings are as follows;

PC_________________________________
Speed: 9600
Bits no: 7
Stop Bits: 1
Parity: Even
Port no: Com1
Protocol: RTS

Bav_________________________________
Line Number: Line 0
Standard: Rs323
Input Speed: 9600
Output Speed: 9600
Number of Start Bits: 1
Number of Data Bits: 8
Number of Stop Bits: 1
Parity: Even
Protocol: none (Kermit or CMP)
Flow Control: RTS/CTS
Logical Name: COM1

Ive been changing a few settings here and there trying to see what does what but nothing has worked, If i change the Bav line 0 to line 1 it wont even try to sync to receive the data, I have tried switching between the Serial and COM ports on the Controller. On the COM port the information will send from the pc end but does not show on the Bav end, and when plugged into the serial port it will not try to send from the pc.

I also noticed when using software handshake XON/XOFF the pc will send the data still but the machine still does no receive it just stays in sync status.

Any help will be much appreciated, otherwise this could be a long week
If you need anymore info ask away.

Cheers,
Ben