585,585 active members*
3,796 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Export list of programs

Hello,

We own a Haas Lathe SL30, but its memory is full (500 programs). We allready backed-up all these programs, one by one, using a usb-stick. But now when I place all these programms on my computer, Windows only shows the programmnumbers (O.....), because thats the name of the file. I cant see the drawing number that belongs with the programnumber (we always place the drawing number in the top of the programm so that is shows in the program list in the CNC Control, right after the programmnumber.)

Now my question is the following. Is there a way to export (transfer) the programm list into a text file, using the usb-port. In that way i can see on this list, which programm belongs to which drawing or product.

Thanks in advance ,

Greets Klaas

Sending Multiple Programs Under One File Name - In the Advanced Editor, you can send multiple
    program files via the RS232 port or a floppy disk, using the SEND RS232 or SEND FLOPPY commands under the
    I/O menu (see the previous paragraph for how to do this). The Advanced Editor allows you to choose several
    programs (select them using the cursor and the INSERT key) and save them under one file name that you type in; then
    press WRITE/ENTER to save and send it.
    (Any Lathe Control ver. 3.00 and above; any Mill Control ver. 9.49 and above.)

Sending a Program File from LIST PROG Display - You can send a file or files to a floppy disk or
    through the RS-232 port from the LIST PROG display. Use the cursor arrows and the INSERT key to select the
    program(s) you want, or “ALL” if you want to send all of them under one file name. When you press F2 to send the
    selected program(s), the control will ask for a floppy file name, which can be up to eight characters long with a
    three-letter extension (8CHRCTRS.3XT). Then press F2 again to send it. You can also use the I/O menu in the
    Advanced Editor to send and receive program files.

program names

what you mean is you dont get the name like O1234(this name) I take a snap shot of the Dir screen and put that on the computer along with the files

- Hello Wiseco,

I know you can back-up the complete list of programms, but we did it one-by-one so that you get an organised and clarified back-up.

- Hello Chucker,

That is excactly what I mean. The name of the program isnt visible on the computer, only the programmnumber.

So you take a snapshot.. How do you do this?

Greets, Klaas

program names

Camera or Cell phone on the HAAS some fanuc's you can push two keys and down load a screen shot to your CD card. There may be away to down load a screen shot from a HAAS but I dont know how

Chucker,

I dont wanna sound ungratefull, but you got my hopes up for nothing, your answer should have been: I dont know. We took snapshots with camera too. But i dont want that anymore.

Anyone else know how to take screenshot on the Haas control? Or another way to export the program list to PC?

Greets Klaas

Not an option as far as I know. Only way to accomplish what you are looking to do is to save the file using a text description instead of the Oxxxx program when backing up to floppy, usb, etc. A lot of extra typing though.

Well that sucks bigtime. So theres nothing I can do, except make photograghs?

Well I found a (sort of) solution myself. Allthough its a very indirect route, it beats taking photographs. Ill tell ya what I did.

I back up all the programs, under one file name (select "all" in the program list). Copy/paste the complete program into Excell. Then sort the code in alphabatical order. After that you can easily select the lines O00001, O00002, .... and print them.

Its the fastest way i can think of, It only demands that you always put the drawing name or number behind the programmnumber.

Greets