584,808 active members*
5,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 21 123412
    Almost done one more issue needs to worked out, I should release it this week.

look forwood to see it

Just info for those that have been waiting.
    I am still at work but will upload it tonight.
    All done tested and working fine.
    Next is to make short video and upload it to you tube

Here is Ver.2 of screen I have been working on.

As some testers have expressed this is next best thing after tool changer.
    i will take it from top as if you have clean Mach 3 install.
    1. go to mach 3 website and download Blue screen for Mills and install it
    2. unzip attachment and copy file "MachBlue-probing big tex ver2 INCH.set"
    to Mach3 directory
    3. copy content of sub folder "MachTestScreens" to mach3/bitmaps/MachTest Sceens and replace existing
    4. In Mach3 go to view load screens and select MachBlue-probing big tex ver2 INCH.set
    5. follow instructions on video on first post.

Ernies touch probe still works if anyone wants to use it.
    Recomedation is still is to set up M6Start in your profile setup fived plate location.
    This can be done in notepad just paste code end edit to your location. This file is found in mach3/macros/"your profile"
    Also I found that in General Config Distance mode must be set to Absolute.

M6Start Example:

Code("G53G0X46.25Y0.1Z-0.5")
    While IsMoving()
    Sleep 100
    Wend

tool = GetSelectedTool()
    SetCurrentTool( tool )

You are done!

Features:
    -updated script in original touch off
    -updated, fixed and cleaned up scripts behind initial Zero setup and Tool change Zero setup
    -changed graphic portion of screen and added laser zero functions since routers do not need flood
    -added hot keys Alt1 Alt2 Alt4 Alt5 etc as in original Mach3 screen set
    -added hot keys Ctrl-Z for Initial Zero setup and Alt-Z for Tool Change Zero setup
    -added hot keys Ctrl-L for laser ON and Alt-L for Laser zero

Here is how laser zero works:
    Connect laser to output of your choice on BOB and configure Mach3 in pots and pins to correspond to given output.
    I will also post tomorrow vendor for cheap but decent laser cross hair and pdf of simple DIY schematic for voltage regulator as laser draws 3.5-5 V and some breakout boards provide 12v. Also this will prevent to much power being drawn and possibly destroying BOB. Laser zero will turn on laser, jog to desired position where you would like setup XY point of origin for your working 0,0 point of orientation press laser zero. Machine retracts and moves to that location turning laser off.
    Just as I said I will add few things tomorrow if I got time such us cheap setup for pendant grab file etc.

Happy testing........
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is zip for screen graphics that needs to be copied to bitmap test screens

Big-tex, excuse my ignorance as I’ve have not install Earnie’s version yet, but yours seems the next step .
    I have a concern where I would appreciate you guiding me;
    With you set-up, could we still have the automatic side calibration ( X & Y ) as with Earnie’s brass tube example ? ( side to side & then front to back to compute the “ X – zero “ spot )
    I don’t intend to use laser X-hair, so, a contact tube and a polycarbonate base w/x-hair seems the next best thing…if only your improvement can replace it !!
    Thanks in advance, Robert

Options you are talking about still remain, that was objective of my set not to eliminate what was already working just add some new features.

Ha !!...Thanks for confirming, now I “capish”

update..

Thanks again Big-Tex,
    your updates are great

Gadget

Quote Originally Posted by gadget47 View Post
    Thanks again Big-Tex,
    your updates are great

Gadget
    Thanks for kind words, it was my time to contribute to community.
    After all its about sharing and helping each other.

I guess there will be next ver as my friends testers requested additional change.
    Work in progress and improvements continue.

Mach Settings?

Big-Tex I have just started to try and set up a tool touch probe. But I am unsure of the settings that I need to have set in Mach, Ports & Pins Ect.
    I try to run the script but the z-axis will not probe down to look for the input from the touch plate. Also how do you have the touch plate wired in the controller. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Tom

Probe is wired to limit on your BOB, it helps if your spindle/router is grounded.
    As for pins you need to set it up in Config/Ports and pins under probe set correct pin as per your BOB. Once you got it all wired touch plate to your tool in the spindle and see if green LED lights up on Mach 3 screen on probes section on the right side of screen.
    Good luck to you.

great job guys, I was hope planing on just doing this my self in the future,

Few questions..

how well is the script documented, ie if we like to tweek it to meet are needs.
    I to like the fixed fixed touch off pad idea as metion in video and will then milled flush to the spoil brd.... but I also like to add the double touch off feature to make there no switch bouce or error during touch off just like the smart tool, it peace of mind the machine hasent developed it own mind set.

the next thing to develop is lath option. for center to center of turning....

great job thanks for sharing...
    any video of laser version?

Quote Originally Posted by eloid View Post
    great job guys, I was hope planing on just doing this my self in the future,

Few questions..

how well is the script documented, ie if we like to tweek it to meet are needs.
    I to like the fixed fixed touch off pad idea as metion in video and will then milled flush to the spoil brd.... but I also like to add the double touch off feature to make there no switch bouce or error during touch off just like the smart tool, it peace of mind the machine hasent developed it own mind set.

the next thing to develop is lath option. for center to center of turning....

great job thanks for sharing...
    any video of laser version?

No no video on it yet, I have been busy with regular job and producing and design out of my garage. I have one more modification to do as requested by Art, mostly graphics. Then I will do video with all options and improvements included.

Hi, can someone please help I am trying to install the metric version of the big tex screen set. I have installed the blue screen from Mach then load Big Tex ver 2 inch screen set and changed the bitmap in MachTestScreens. Now when i try to load screen, mach is looking only for .set files but i think the metric file has been saved as a txt files. I have changed the file extension to .set and saved it, but this didn't work. Any information on this matter would be gratefully received

Kind regards

Dale

denz would you zip that .set file and upload to forum please once more

Quote Originally Posted by Dale gribble View Post
    Hi, can someone please help I am trying to install the metric version of the big tex screen set. I have installed the blue screen from Mach then load Big Tex ver 2 inch screen set and changed the bitmap in MachTestScreens. Now when i try to load screen, mach is looking only for .set files but i think the metric file has been saved as a txt files. I have changed the file extension to .set and saved it, but this didn't work. Any information on this matter would be gratefully received

Kind regards

Dale
    Just right click the file and select rename, Dont rename just hilite the ".txt" part and delete the ".txt" part, it works for me.
    I did have some issues with that version.
    I have attached a Zip file of my updated metric version that i have had no problems with. I hope it works for you.

Thanks,

I hope more people can benefit from this little Mach 3 addition.

Hi,

Thanks Denzs for re-posting the metric version. and a big thanks to Tex for creating and uploading it in the first place. I Also seen this on a youtube video around a year ago and thought thanks exactly what I'm after when I finish my machine. Its been finished for a couple of months now. Just added a second parallel card for the probe had problem with noise but sorted it with a shielded cable. now I'm off to build my fixed position zero setter.

Thanks

Dale gribble

Page 2 of 21 123412