584,850 active members*
4,305 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 15 of 21 51314151617

Using my pendant with Blue Probing

Hi All this is my first post, Just completed my router build and trying out blue probing screens.

I am using a Logitrol USB pendant control which has a joystick an buttons to pretty much emulate the mach 3 MPG when you hit TAB button plus feed rate and spinde speed.

Since I installed Blue probing screen, I have lost the functionality of my "slow jog" up/down buttons on my pendant control. They worked fine with the 1024.set but stopped with the blue or blue probing screens.

Any advice on how to fix this? All else works great (step mode button, spindle buttons etc) on the pendant, just these two not working.

All the best and Thanks
    Jeff

Is the blue screenset the only one that has all the features included or has one based on the vanilla screenset been made. I really don't like the blue screenset, I find it difficult to use with a touchscreen. If one hasn't been made then I 'll make my own but no point if someone has already done it.

Regards, Jeff.

Just a quick question.....

Where do I put in my offset for the laser zeroing?

Jeff.

You enter that in button script.

If you do not know hw its done shoot me pm
    Thank you for your support in developing better cnc experiance.
    Scan my avatar with smart pnone ...... http://www.big-tex.tk/

hot keys could not be set up for those functions in blue screen.
    I have added fuctionality to blue screen I have build it from scratch.
    Only if you were closer we could do phone tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by ECAxes View Post
    Hi All this is my first post, Just completed my router build and trying out blue probing screens.

I am using a Logitrol USB pendant control which has a joystick an buttons to pretty much emulate the mach 3 MPG when you hit TAB button plus feed rate and spinde speed.

Since I installed Blue probing screen, I have lost the functionality of my "slow jog" up/down buttons on my pendant control. They worked fine with the 1024.set but stopped with the blue or blue probing screens.

Any advice on how to fix this? All else works great (step mode button, spindle buttons etc) on the pendant, just these two not working.

All the best and Thanks
    Jeff

how do i set the laser grid? i put my numbers in on the setting page but it stills going to some 4.?DRO and i have it set at 2in. can someone help please.

You need to edit script for laser zero.

just downloaded the latest version of your toolsetter macro,installed it fine, entered my tool change position and fixed plate position. if i click on the initial tool change button, it sets the tool on the movable plate and then sets it on the fixed plate, but most of the time when moving from the movable t fixed position the machine stops as if it has stalled, and then continues, but with the motors sounding very rough as if they are going about half the speed mach says they are, and completely misses the fixed position. any ideas what could be causing this. if i stop the machine once it has "stalled" and then jog it it moves fine. help please

scratch my last post. got that sorted by updating to latest version of mach. now for the next problem. it sets the tools properly on moving and fixed plates on initial tool setup and then returns to start point. the program runs fine and then moves to tool change position. after clicking tool change zero setup, the new tool sets itself and does now return to the previous work position, only the tool change position, so then tries to immediately plunge in to the fixed setting plate. how do i change this as i have looked in the button script and it says:
    Code "G0 X" & xjobcoord & "Y" & yjobcoord 'returns to the previous X Y job location
    so is the same as the initial tool change. is there any way to get it to move back to work coordinate x0 y0 to be safe. also after the tool change it also starts straight away and doesn't wait for me to press cycle start or turn the spindle on. thanks all.
    forgot to add does it matter that i have the m6 first i.e m6 t1 or should it be t1 m6. not sure if that would make a difference or not.

As I am also having the same problem "after the tool change it also starts straight away and doesn't wait for me to press cycle start or turn the spindle on" Please post what you come up with on this fix.

Quote Originally Posted by bbolinger View Post
    As I am also having the same problem "after the tool change it also starts straight away and doesn't wait for me to press cycle start or turn the spindle on" Please post what you come up with on this fix.
    found this post a couple pages back should answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Go to Operator > Edit Button Script, then click on the Tool Change Zero Setup Button. When the script editor opens, delete the 2nd from last line:
    Code DoButton(0) 'Cycle Start

Then File > Save, and close the editor.

It should then work the way you want.

Sorry I did not see that thanks for the help.

Go to Operator > Edit Button Script, then click on the Tool Change Zero Setup Button. When the script editor opens, delete the 2nd from last line:
    Code DoButton(0) 'Cycle Start

Then File > Save, and close the editor.

It should then work the way you want.

ok got that bit, but what about it not terurning to the previous position?

ok all sorted now. i had the tool change position set the same as the fixed plate position, changed that and it is absolutely perfect, thanks alot big tex you are a star:wave:

Quote Originally Posted by wassupcrew View Post
    ok all sorted now. i had the tool change position set the same as the fixed plate position, changed that and it is absolutely perfect, thanks alot big tex you are a star:wave:
    enjoy, donations welcome for further develpment

Quote Originally Posted by Big-tex View Post
    enjoy, donations welcome for further develpment
    FYI, the Paypal link in your signature isn't working, but you ought to also add your Paypal email to your "Buy me a Beer" option in your Control Panel.

After you are in the Control Panel, click "Edit your Details", and scroll to the bottom and enter your Paypal email. After you save the changes, you will have a beer mug icon on each of your posts (right hand side).

(See attached screenshot)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails buy me a beer.jpg  

Hi,
    I tried to use this setting on my mill but would not work properly.. After a toolchange sets z0 at the toolchange location level and wont return to the job level z.. For initial zeroing it works fine but when tool change won't anymore.Using the blue screen, replaced the m6start macro but no success. For tool change i'm not suppose to use Z- on the probes tab? please help..
    TT

?

Giving Credit

BIG Tex *****
    It surprises me that you would take something from someone else- modify it- and even worse ask for donations for your dishonesty of this being your thing. (chair) The least you could of done was to find the person that came up with the original idea. (chair) Anything to make a buck I guess. After all that's what makes the world go around- the almighty dollar. OMFG

It’s even more surprising how people make judgments & remarks….

Not here to defend BigTex….suuurrlly he can do that !
    BUT….for the last remark….I’d suggest to simply adjust your eye site buddy….and read the title of this tread….and do not, DO NOT forget the WORD …..”VERSION”….as what BIGTEX wrote, therefore, admits, advise, expose….. when originally posting this threat,,,,,

With your last remark…it goes to say a lot about you….guy !!

Page 15 of 21 51314151617