584,863 active members*
4,752 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 19 of 21 91718192021

Re: Mach 3 tool setter Big-tex version

Quote Originally Posted by shawnrw View Post
    Is the big-tex website down? The link is not working for me?
    It works here.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi Guys,

I am trying to fully setu-up the laser cross-hair on big-tex screenset; to speed-up this process - and stop breaking bits - pls help me on clarifying/confirming the following :
    (1) all the offset coordinates should be understood as "machine coordinates" that are to be "zeroed" in a certain mechanical position of the axis; DRO´s to be zeroed by the limit/home switches or just setting them to "zero"; this understanding is correct ?
    (2) where/how to hook (electrically) the laser crosshair ? from the video understood that it is using the relay on the BOB; to which output pin the command is sent ? (14? 16?)

Thank you very much

look at this Tool Position Setting
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Daniel,
    Tks for the link; I have been abre to realize how to set it and is working now.; tks again

I'm sure someone knows the answer to this. I am using Mach3 ver. R3.043.056 and Big-Tex's screenset. I hooked up a laser cross hair to be able to set 0,0,0 but can not get control of the laser. Big-Tex said to use "Flood" output for the output setting. My version of Mach3 doesn't have a "Flood" output. I can get the laser to light up using the "Charge Pump" output but I don't have control of the output. And can't turn the laser on & off using the DROs or Ctrl-L - Alt-L for the laser. I can set Laser Zero using the DRO but the laser will not turn off.
    Here's my question: What output should I use for the Laser DRO? I have tried most of them but nothing works.

Post Re: Mach 3 tool setter Big-tex version

gene8522,

The mill profile has the Flood icon, the Plasma profile doe not.

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mill.jpg   Plasma.jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

are you using the new screen set or his old screen set

post 363 4 above this one it does not matter what output you use or button its the code that does all the work
    you can add a button to the screen set

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    are you using the new screen set or his old screen set

post 363 4 above this one it does not matter what output you use or button its the code that does all the work
    you can add a button to the screen set
    I just downloader this screenset from Big-Tex a couple of weeks ago (ver. 3.4) and received the laser cross hair Monday. I tried to hook up the laser Tuesday without success.

I am showing that I'm using 'Mach3 Mill' profile. And there is no "Flood" output.

right look at the web sight on post 363 it has the instruction of how to set up the laser cross read the M3 manual

I don't know what his new screen looks like I use his old one it has a laser on and laser zero button on it that's where the codes go

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do you think it would help if I updated Mach3 R3.043.056 to R3.043.066?

I have big tex with the laser on and laser zero. The green led next to laser zero will not light up? When I press laser zero, the DRO x&y go to zero and th z goes to -0.2. I have the C10 BOB from Automation Tec.

Where do I hook up the laser? What do I have to enter in the output box for the C10 BOB? Where do I enter the values for the laser zero?

I have the Blue screen installed and was hoping to use the touch test centering ,when I hit the button it is traveling very slowly I was wondering where to change the speed in the script or maybe I don't have that part of the script.I have the Z Plate offset at 8.0 mm and that is working fine at the size of my touch plate auto tool zero works as well ,just the slow speed on centering and + or - X & Y .Hope someone can help cheers John.

Aha I got it I was expecting the buttons to be flashing for the script edit now I get it thank's all for the posts ,and all the harm i've ever done alas it was to none but me.

it seems that the youtube video is blocked - even with unblocker - for europe?

sorry - wrong post . . .

Hello,

I'm a newbie. I'm trying to set up this blue screen. I am using Inventor HSM to write a program. I don't think the post is correct. I have a 3040 router. Does anyone have a very simple test program I can use to set this up. Thanks in advance Brent

sorry guy I have been away for while, ask questions
    Thank you for your support in developing better cnc experiance.
    Scan my avatar with smart pnone ...... http://www.big-tex.tk/

I have just installed this screenset, but I don't see the arrows and bullseye part for finding the corner using a triple edge finder. Any help would be appreciated.

Walt

I've got everything working but gremlins keep crossing my wires. I've got the Soigeneris built control box (gecko g540/usb smoothstepper), wildhorse probe used as a touchplate, Taig mill with steppers. I've got the red and blue wires snipped from the probe, one in pin 13 the other in ground on the external (port2) parallel port, set up correctly in ports&pins, active low is off for probe.

Now i thought it was line noise giving me problems because initial probing and set z would trigger randomly every time i tried. I was looking up solutions and saw someone mention putting a resistor to help fix it, but also saw other people saying that was a dumb idea, and i don't want to burn anything up. But messing with my setup some more it seems like whenever the probe is sitting on the mill table it triggers and if i take it off, it only triggers when i actually press it. Any ideas what i can do to make this work properly? My knowledge of electrical pixies is very low.

IS THERE A SCRIPT FOR METRIC USERS AND IF SO WHERE CAN I FIND IT AND A VIDEO ON HOW TO SET IT UP WITH A PROBE TOOL HEIGHT OF 19.20MM?
    THANKS

Page 19 of 21 91718192021