585,729 active members*
4,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > acramatic 2100 hard disk copy

Unhappy acramatic 2100 hard disk copy

Hi,I have an acramatic 2100 control.its hard disk was damaged.,I copied the hard disk from a similar machine by NORTON GHOST,but it has some alarms.
    when i change menus an alarm occurs on monitor.(your system upgraded ... or some thing like this).
    i think i shulde change some thing in my control or enter machine parameters from damaged hard disk into copied disk or....? i do not know!
    please help me.thank you.

acramatic 2100

It sounds like your two machines are running different versions of the 2100 software. Most machines with 2100 controls are running either release 2 (i.e. 2.24, 2.32, 2.34) or release 3 (i.e. 3.22, 3.24, 3.26) software.

I'm assuming you cloned a hard drive from a newer machine with release 3 software and are trying to run it in a control which is only authorized for release 2.

If you have other machines with the same software version as the failed hard drive (release 2), clone one of these instead, and you should not have a problem.

Otherwise, the only way I know of that you could run release 3 software on an older control without getting these error messages would be to contact Siemens and purchase the release 3 option.

have you installed the option code number?