586,011 active members*
4,956 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ajax prices and software updates

Hello. Just wanted to let everyone know that all new CNC software versions with added features have been just posted for you to download on the AjaxCNC.com support site. New versions for CNC10 based and MPU11 based systems have been posted, Get them while their hot.:-) Also, big news is that we've completely restructured our CNC Software pricing and converted several key options into standard items that are included with any control kit purchase. For instance. Work Coordinate Systems G54,55,56,57,58,59 is now a standard feature, Subroutines and Macros is now a standard feature, S function output standard, compression tapping standard and we increased our standard G code file size to 4 MB (which should cover 99%) of users out there and reduced the cost of ALL of our other software options significantly. New prices are up on the web now. www.ajaxcnc.com.
    Upcoming features for CNC10 users, we have (running in beta) a 2D De-skew feature which is used to correct for machine tool misalignment between the X and Y axis. So if your machine is not built perfectly square the software will now correct for it. its very easy to use and with basic measurement tools anyone can now make their machine cut perfect squares. I've used this on several old routers that were out .2mm and .8 mm over 400mm square, now they cut perfectly square, it takes only 10 minutes or so to measure then tell the control how far its out. This will be free in the upcoming 2.68 release for CNC10 users, (and it will be ported to MPU11 very soon as well.) Another HUGE and also free feature that is about to hit the streets is a new high speed smoothing feature. I've installed this on a few high speed routers with dramatic performance increases in high speed 3D machining (and 2D) at speeds from 10,000 to 50,000 mm per min (200 to 2000ipm) For one customer, we've double his production while achieving a better surface finishes on two of his cnc routers. So there is lots of new interesting stuff happening here at Ajaxcnc.com where we make Made in USA CNC CPU's , DC Servo drives and PLC's for use with CENTROID or Mach3 software.

OK well that good!

So....if we shell out for the new Centroid software are we allowed to kick scream and spit nails if it's as bad as the Mach3 implementation? All I ever wanted was a machine that ran right!

Eric

CNC Support

This is a forum to exchange information about cnc control building, operating, and programming. If you have a problem please outline it in specific detail and as always we will be glad to help. We are a phone call 814 360 0279 or an email away. [email protected] As everyone else on this forum can tell just throwing out darts will never get your system running. We are helpful and patience, heck half the time we provide free tech support for motors,drives, plc and other components that we didn't even manufacture, (and didn't sell!) that our endusers connect to our gear. and here I am on a Sunday adding to the forum trying to help. As many people reading this forum know, for instance trying to get a servo drive motor combination running without a standard/modern encoder is just impossible for ANY cnc control. So if you are really interested in getting your system running, outline the problem in calm, emotionless way with technical detail and it will be solved.

fyi..As with all MPU11 based Ajax CNC control kits, if you don't like Mach...the windows version of CENTROID CNC software is available in fully functioning DEMO mode so you can try it before you buy, if you decide to purchase its only $500. $500 For a real industrial and proven cnc software package that includes way too many standard features to list here is a bargain. Machines that cost $500,000 run this software.

I will side with Keith. I am struggling through a Ajax conversion with the Centroid software and they have been more than patient with me. Scott is very knowledgeable and has gone out of his way to help me even on the weekend. It would be nice for Ajax to have 24/7 support but that is not practical. Remember that they are working with a lot of components that they did not make, sell, or even be familiar with, so please be patient I am confident that they will help you (and hopefully me) through all the problems that may be present.

BugEyedValiant, thanks.

BugEyedValiant, thanks. i was beginning to feel like the lone ranger out here!:-)

on another note.. here are a couple of happy customer photos. old magnum router with new controls performing better than ever. we doubled his production rate while producing a better surface finish, ajax rocks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP6888.JPG   IMGP6887.JPG   IMGP6890.JPG  

Which version to update. So I was looking at the updates and am not sure which version to download. My manual says I have cnc10 version 2.36, do I update to 2.66, CNC11?

Upgrading

"Which version to update. So I was looking at the updates and am not sure which version to download. My manual says I have cnc10 version 2.36, do I update to 2.66, CNC11? "

You would need to build a new HDD with 2.66. CNC11 software is for MPU11 motion control cards. Because 2.66 is running on a different version of Linux.

Go here http://ajaxcnc.com/tech/downloads/so...egacy_centroid
    and download the ISO.

Then use this to build your HDD http://ajaxcnc.com/tech/bulletins/te...b.php?TBID=199

The other option would be to contact Ajax and order a new SSHD with the software pre-installed.

New standard feaures are in v2.68

check this post for more info as well.

http://ajaxcnc.com/ajaxbb/viewtopic....22a5d84f9ee599