585,886 active members*
5,945 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > One controller board does it all?

One controller board does it all?

Is there a controller board out there for the hobbiest that does it all. By do it all I mean:

3 or 4 axis controller
    simple hookups for home switches
    simple hookups for limit switches
    simple hookup for spindle on / off control
    If possible - coolant on / off control although this is optional.

All of the boards I read of it seems they recommend using a breakout board for items other then motion control. Trying to avoid this. Really no real reason other than convienience.

Looking for a board that is around the same price or cheaper then all of the above individual components (boards & wiring) would cost

Thanks
    Check out what I am working on at www.routerbitz.com!

I had an all in one board, didn't have the spindle or coolant control but it was a 3 axis board with onboard limit and home. Problem was i popped one of the driver chips and the whole board is useless. The break out board is so common becouse it gives you the control of all you inputs and outputs, the picstep breakout is good as well, the break out board phil has is the one I'm using and it does more then i really need. The one thing about having a seperate board per axis it gives you the ability to tailor the board to the stepper motor your using, if your not using the same for each axis. As well if you have a failure its not the whole system that goes down its just one board. But there are a few 3 or 4 axis single boards out there, i think hobbycnc is one that does everything as well. I have half a dozen single axis boards now, once i had the frustration of not being able to do anything after that one chip blewup, i built a few and still have a few more being tested. If you do find a 3 axis board make sure the chips it uses are current and not obsolete. The ucn5804b boards were very popular but the chip is obsolete and has become very hard to find.

http://pminmo.com/
    http://www.hobbycnc.com/driverboards/driverboards.htm
    http://www.fromorbit.com/projects/picstep/index.php
    Have a good one.
    Dave

The Rutex setup is pretty much what you are asking for. Even though there are a few boards they all connect into one mother board that then connects to the computer via a printer cable. You have the choice of inserting Any amount of driver boards into it up to 4. You can then insert a 4 way relay board that can control spindle on off, coolant, dust extractor, and one spare for whatever. Even though they are modules they interconnect to make a unit that requires no wiring other than to all the external devices.
    Being outside the square !!!

I would like to know more about the FLZ03 but my Turkish is not THAT good

I´ve got three hybrids 2,5A, 0,76Ohms, 1,9V, 3,8mH. I´m planning to run them parallell. will these be Ok for the FLZ03?
    Any idea what the total for a FLZ03 will be to Sweden?

(I mean the 6A 80v on the web site, don´t know if this is called FLZ03 as well)