585,698 active members*
3,456 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Linde UCC 305 TIG not working

I just bought a Linde UCC 305 stick/TIG welder. Massive machine. Industrial. When I fired up the welder the TIG portion didn't work. I'm looking for someone who might have the wiring diagram.
    If not the wiring diagram, suggestions on where to start looking for the problem. Very confusing.

Also, when in "stick mode" there is a strange buzzing sound. Like arcing. Not the sound of relay hum. Very curious.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Did you manage to find a wiring diagram? I'm having exactly the same problem with my 305.

I dont know about a Linde but my old Airco has High Freqency for tig there is a switch that say start off continus for the hf when it is on you here the buzz sound does it have a foot pedal control?
    Not much help I know but its like money any is better than none
    Mike

Here is one place to start. From an earlier post:
    Re: AIRCO HELIWELDER V TIG problems
    A high percentage of the time in our business the complaint of low hi freq. goes back to the machine having a welding lead attached even when Tig welding. The situation is aggravated if the welding lead is coiled and lying against metal, say the side of machine. An easy fix is to add female terminal to output and male on welding lead so that the lead is attached only when stick welding. If hi freq. is not restarting arc in the condition you describe, foot control is one likely culprit. The earlier Airco Heliwelder series that are obviously not Miller were built by Midstates with some being carried over to Esab. In any case you can still get some parts and information from Arc Products @ 800-770-0063 in San Diego. weldersales
    Even coiling the torch lead itself can choke the high freq. quite a bit, especially if the coils are close to metal. Keep in mind your machine has a rheostat to adjust somewhat the amount of high freq. available. Weldersales

Quote Originally Posted by jdanger2001 View Post
    I just bought a Linde UCC 305 stick/TIG welder. Massive machine. Industrial. When I fired up the welder the TIG portion didn't work. I'm looking for someone who might have the wiring diagram.
    If not the wiring diagram, suggestions on where to start looking for the problem. Very confusing.

Also, when in "stick mode" there is a strange buzzing sound. Like arcing. Not the sound of relay hum. Very curious.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Hi. If you're still interested let me know and I'll check and I'll send it to you. I'm pretty sure I've got one.
    Jessie
    [email protected]

UCC wiring diagram/users manual

Hi.
    I was just contacted tonight from a guy who needed the manual for the ucc305. I just uploaded it. If you can't receive it please let me know by email [email protected] and I will send it to you. I also have the original wiring diagram and if you want that also please let me know as I have to scan it and post/send it to you. The following is from my earlier post.

Here is one place to start. From an earlier post:
    Re: AIRCO HELIWELDER V TIG problems
    A high percentage of the time in our business the complaint of low hi freq. goes back to the machine having a welding lead attached even when Tig welding. The situation is aggravated if the welding lead is coiled and lying against metal, say the side of machine. An easy fix is to add female terminal to output and male on welding lead so that the lead is attached only when stick welding. If hi freq. is not restarting arc in the condition you describe, foot control is one likely culprit. The earlier Airco Heliwelder series that are obviously not Miller were built by Midstates with some being carried over to Esab. In any case you can still get some parts and information from Arc Products @ 800-770-0063 in San Diego. weldersales
    Even coiling the torch lead itself can choke the high freq. quite a bit, especially if the coils are close to metal. Keep in mind your machine has a rheostat to adjust somewhat the amount of high freq. available. Weldersales
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,
    Most any machine has either a foot pedal control or a manual control. If yours is making a buzz sound most likely the hf is working. You should have a switch that says remote for a foot pedal connection. From what I see, though not guarenteed, many foot pedals are universal. I see some on Ebay.
    Good luck

Jessie

Hi,
    Yes I have the "original" wiring diagram for this machine. If you are interested in it please drop me a line and I will scan and send it to you. You will also notice that I have uploaded the manual for this machine. My email address is [email protected].
    Good luck.
    Jessie

Hi,
    I hope you got the manual I sent you. If you want the wiring diagram please let me know. There appears to be little that can go wrong with this machine. Most of it is in the interefrence caused by the crossing of the cables. The only other thing that I've found that goes bad is the rheostat in the foot pedal control, but those are readily available.
    Good luck
    Jessie

Send an Email to Stan Smith ([email protected]) He has been one of ESAB's lead techs for years in the customer support group. I am sure he would be happy to help.