584,808 active members*
5,362 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Emco PC Turn 50 lathe, no power? Please help.

Emco PC Turn 50 lathe, no power? Please help.

Hello all, I am so relieved to have found this forum, I thought I may have made a huge mistake buying a machine I know nothing about. I just purchased a beautiful Emco PC Turn 50 that came with the original pc with the RS485 card, running Windows 3.1 with WinNC on it, but no MSD disk and no Fanuc control console. This is my first mini CNC machine however I have been running full size CNC lathes for years as my occupation. So, I got it home and realized the key for the power switch was missing. I picked the lock with a tiny screwdriver and was able to flip the switch on, but I am still getting no power, or atleast I don't think I am. Should I hear any fans running or see any LED's lit up under the rear panel? It does absolutely nothing. Also, I did not get any manuals or hard copies of software with the machine, could anyone provide me with a source for such?
    I would really ppreciate any help as I am really feeling pretty lost here
    Thanks in advance

Well I took apart and modified the keyswitch so it will turn without a key, but still no power! I checked all the fuses, I don't know what else to do? This is really bumming me out!

Alping45,

Your machine may have a bad relay.

Welcome to the Zone,

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Alping45,

Your machine may have a bad relay.

Welcome to the Zone,

Jeff...

I THINK i remember seeing two black boxes next to the fuse holders that could have been relays , I'll have to check them out.

hello friends. i bougth an used emco pc turn 50, i have a compatible computer, but the installation disc are broken, anybony can help me to find the correct software to make work my turn... thaks ...

Quote Originally Posted by leonardogb29 View Post
    hello friends. i bougth an used emco pc turn 50, i have a compatible computer, but the installation disc are broken, anybony can help me to find the correct software to make work my turn... thaks ...
    Im soon getting my pc turn 50 with all original software so can help when it all arrives.