I'm trying to find a cheap 3 or 4 axis stepper motor controller and driver to experiment with making a milling/cnc machine. I was hoping to find one under $50 (even if it can only drive small motors). So far I've found:

Phidget controller - $75 - 4 axis, usb (which is nice), but it isn't really for cnc, as only one axis can move at a time, so it would be more for programming.

CNC Geeker's TA8345 - $59 - parallel port, 3 axis, Has option for a step current board that decrease the current upto 1/2, when motors are in idle for all axis so as to protect expensive step motor and driver board for long time running." Adding this board adds $29. If I need it, then it is more than I would like to pay.

CNC Geeker's TB6560 - $69 - Looks to be a better version of the TA8345, but again, do I need the step current board?

Ebay's TB6560 -$70 depending on the day - I guess this is the same board as above in componets, but not in layout?

Tachus42 - 3axis - This board looks like it would be below $50 to make, but I can't find anyone who actually sells it completely made. I also can find someone who simply sells the pcb so I could build it myself.

Tom McWire's controller - 3 axis - Again looks like it would be cheap, but I can't find a pre made board or a provider of the pcb, so I could make it.

I've also found some seperates designs like the linistepper, but these seem to be more expensive when all put together.

Is there anything out there that at least has a pcb that I can work from, and get me a total cost of less the $50 without major problems. Should I just get one of the TB6560 boards and call it a day?

Thanks already for your help.