585,597 active members*
3,445 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fadal dwelling

Hello,
    I am having a problem with our 1999 Fadal 4020. Things are running along smoothly, then for no apparent reason, at the start of a new cycle, it starts dwelling at each x and y rapid position.... it will stop for 2-3 seconds at each position before moving to the next position. I thought maybe it was in a G9 mode and thru MDI, I input the G8 and tried again - no change. I have tried different programs - programs are generated thru Mastercam - no change. It does it when you input several x y moves thru MDI as well - but only on the rapids - does not do it once it is in a G1 move. This has happened several times over the years. In the past, I have shut down the machine, re-booted, and all was good again. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!

3bmachine--
    The first thing that I would try is to do a zero memory procedure. You my have some grabage in memory that is ine=jecting itself into the G0 moves. The RI command is not radical enought o to the job in this case.

Neal

Neal,
    Thanks for the suggestion! But how do I zero the memory?
    Thanks!

G04 MUST BE THE ONLY CODE IN A LINE

to zero mem
    first write down the parameters (setp)
    tool table & fixture table, backlashe (bl)
    at the enter nex command type:
    DI (ENTER)
    G0 3000
    then fuction 5,then 2;
    do it a couple of times

3bmachine--
    Since MAG Maintenance Technologies no longer values my employ, I have no legal right to supply there documentation. I would suggest calling Douglas @ Maintenance Technologies and ask for the document. It is a little too long a process to type out here.
    (I need to legally protect myself in situations like this)
    Neal

so i just discovered something new......... if i don't do a cold start, the dwelling stops - programs run fine, other than the machine is lost. i stop - do a cold start and re-run the program - dwelling starts again. ???

i should clarify - if i do a "home axis to shut down the machine" and then run the program from that point on, no dwelling....programs runs fine only not where it is supposed to.

dwelling

you should try the zero memory first.backup your programs,tool offsets,backlash,parameters,and send atc to tool 1.the zero memory option is in the diagnostics option,select controler,spacebar 1 time and select #5 zero memory.enter y 2 times,when complete power down for 30sec.power up enter parameters first then backlash then programs.you will also need to type SETTO at the enter next command screen to reset tool 1.

Type the lines of your program where the problem is!
    o Email to me
    [email protected]

You guys nailed it - I went thru the zero memory procedure and it seems to be working fine now - a big thank you! i took good notes and put them away in my fadal book for next time. thanks again! genuinely appreciated!