584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Z axsis issues

I am running a DynaCNC Plasma table with mach 3 as the controller and my problem is that when the machine goes to test its z corrdinate it goes all the way down tripping the limit switch and resetting the machine and i have to manualy raise it before i can do anything else. Please this machine has been having issues since the day it was purchased and we are finally getting to the last of the problems any and all help would be much appriciated.

P.S. any help with sheetCAM as well would be helpful

if you have a switch for the up dir limit/home, you go into config>homing/limits and check or uncheck the HOME NEG box and it will search for home up instead of down (assuming you already have the motors set for up is positive direction)

Or in another case you could have the lower switch set up for both home and limit or just home!?!? it should search for home without resetting then.
    Or you could edit your homing macro to just home x and y as Im sure you want to touch off on each pierce anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by TriTech View Post
    I am running a DynaCNC Plasma table with mach 3 as the controller and my problem is that when the machine goes to test its z corrdinate it goes all the way down tripping the limit switch and resetting the machine and i have to manualy raise it before i can do anything else. Please this machine has been having issues since the day it was purchased and we are finally getting to the last of the problems any and all help would be much appriciated.

P.S. any help with sheetCAM as well would be helpful
    REF "homing" on that setup is designed to use the floating torch holder as the "touch off" probe. If you do a manual REF on Z it should move down to the plate and when the switch is tripped it should stop. If it trips the e-STOP then you are not doing a homing move and it is seeing the switch as a LIMIT. The Touch off move is a g-code sequence that moves the Z using a G28.1 Ref move in MACH. It also has the switch offset value in the POST so it knows how far to pick the tip up to zero the Z at the top of the material.

If your Z has two switches so that if it overtravels too far (goes past the Z home swtich. It may be setup as a limit.

A manual REF does not do the whole sequence.

Make sure you don't have the Z home port and pin also mapped to a limit.

If you use SheetCAM use the MP1000 post to get the auto touch off moves. If you are using another CAM program it has to be programmed into it's POST.

If you have the 1000 control interface then we will support it and the MACH or sheetcam setup. If you have their 4000 or 6000 I can just give you generic help.

TOM Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com