584,814 active members*
5,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Looking for a budget water/laser

Hi guys, new to the forums here. I currently have a 6x12 Dynatorch CnC table. Oxy torch, 150 amp plasma, engraver, and exhaust fan setup. I like working with plasma, it's just that I have highly detailed parts for custom PC's and whatnot that I need to make for customers. Most of the time I have to source these out to someone with a waterjet because the plasma just can't cut them due to the thick cut and the heat generated. What are some good budget laser or waterjets? It doesn't have to be a large table. The biggest stuff I would work on would be maybe 4'x4', if that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
    Hi guys, new to the forums here. I currently have a 6x12 Dynatorch CnC table. Oxy torch, 150 amp plasma, engraver, and exhaust fan setup. I like working with plasma, it's just that I have highly detailed parts for custom PC's and whatnot that I need to make for customers. Most of the time I have to source these out to someone with a waterjet because the plasma just can't cut them due to the thick cut and the heat generated. What are some good budget laser or waterjets? It doesn't have to be a large table. The biggest stuff I would work on would be maybe 4'x4', if that.

Define budget?? Neither laser or waterjet come cheap. How thick & what is the material you need to cut?
    If it works.....Don't fix it!