585,973 active members*
4,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki Mills > Mori MV JR CPU Error now no power to screen

Mori MV JR CPU Error now no power to screen

After just spending the last year building a shop and getting my 84 MV JR with YASNAK MX2 running I used it for about 12 hours then the machine stopped moving the table in the middle of a program and the monitor says CPU Error.

The spindle kept running and the pressing the reset button didn't turn it off.
    Pressing the power off button on the control did turn it off.

Now when I turn the main power off and on again and then turn the power on at the control nothing happens, the screen is dark and none of the lights turn on on the control.

One symptom that has been going on for a while now might be a clue is the monitor was flickering some like it was losing some power.

I have no idea where to begin with this problem, any suggestions?

Traced it down a little, the contactor NCM is not closing when the power is turned on.

I am thinking of replacing the Power Control Mudule, maybe worth a try?

From the advice I have so far it is narrowed down most likely to the CP07 board. looks like $2,200 exchange. Is there any cheaper way to get this fixed?

Just in case anyone is in a similar situation, I have learned a lot about the electronics on this machine (at least compared to what I knew)

I replaced the TU01 which is a combined power supply relay system. That solved part of the problem. Now at least I get some response to pushing the On button. But then it clicks off again in a few seconds.

The yasnac maual has a flow chart that says this is related to the 5v power supply, next step is to look into that.

Here is a tip, if you are ever tracing wires on a Yasnac control and it comes to a circuit board, don't assume that board is the problem, in some cases to circuits just pass through the board and go to another cable to another board, sometimes even twice before getting to the destination.

If anyone knows about the 5 volt issue please let me know.

progress, the reason for the power supply error turns out to be the 12 volt power fuse blew. I tracked it down and it turns out that the monitor has too low of ohms so it is causing the fuse to blow.

next get the monitor fixed or replaced.

The monitor turned out not to be the problem, the fuse may have blown while I was measuring voltage somewhere. So I put the monitor back in and replaced the fuse in 12v line of the power supply and now it is working.

At first there was some problems, a lot of the higher parameters were messed up, but once I entered them in again, it was OK.

What I have leartned from this is it pays to trace down the problems, I wasted some time but learned a lot. next time the machine breaks down, I don't think I will be so worried now that I have a better understanding of what all the boards in that cabinet do.