584,863 active members*
4,709 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Arrow MY manual duplicating thingy. I have some questions

Hi.. this is my first time building something like this. and its on a budget set at 0.00 So far I have about 50 - 70 dollars in it. so its over budget so far.. LOL ok well im unemployed so thats why I said 0.00 for budget. What My plans are for this contraption is to make molds for a vacuum forming machine i still need to make also.. but anyway this is to make exact copys of automotive parts i want to make but in reverse. Such as first thing i want to make is custom fender flares for my Jeep.. so i need left and right sides and obviously i need them to be exact copys.. so this is what i dreamed up and have got to as far as you see in pictures ill post. Next thing im going to work on is making the axis move back and forth and in and out.. One day I plan on making it a real CNC or make another machine like this after i learn more and make it a CNC if this new bussiness idea works out.. IM hoping to make parts for jeeps and sell on ebay and make a buck or 2.. been unemployed for awhile now and really need this to work.
    So anyway.. I have some 7/32 hex rod im going to use for a belt drive system for the z axis i guess ( door slides) im new to all this on cnc stuf so not sure on what everything is called.. What is a good sourse for some cog gears with a hex center ? or will i have to make them to ? And what should i coat the MDF in on this contraption so it does not get messed up ? paint ?

More pics of this and lot of other things I have going on..
    http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...%20DUPLICATOR/
    P/S thanks for any input and sujestions or ideas even tell me were i messed up.. lol

the router setup.. was going to make this 3axis but the way the router had turned out it might be a 4 axis or atleast adjust router at angle to get more out of this thing.

Any sujestions on were to find cog gears to fit a 7/32 hex shaft ? And what to coat MDF with ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hommersimpson View Post
    Any sujestions on were to find cog gears to fit a 7/32 hex shaft ? And what to coat MDF with ?
    Paint works fine. Spur gear to fit 7/32 hex shaft? What pitch? Try browsing here.
    Nanite CNC V2 under construction!

breakdown table

I like the breakdown for the table, but does it mess up the alignment? And what is the y axis? you didn't use a drawer slide there?