585,733 active members*
4,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Weight of "Bridgeport Series II Interact 2" milling machine

Weight of "Bridgeport Series II Interact 2" milling machine

I need to know, fairly accurately, the weight of "Bridgeport Series II Interact 2" milling machine. I need it in order to securely handle it, specifically I want to make a base for it on casters. I want to pick the right materials to make the base that would handle the weight.

And definitely I do not plan on operating it on casters -- I would prop the base with 2x4s to relieve casters and make the mill secure. But I will need to move it as I work on it.

So... anyone knows how much these machines weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by ichudov View Post
    I need to know, fairly accurately, the weight of "Bridgeport Series II Interact 2" milling machine. I need it in order to securely handle it, specifically I want to make a base for it on casters. I want to pick the right materials to make the base that would handle the weight.

And definitely I do not plan on operating it on casters -- I would prop the base with 2x4s to relieve casters and make the mill secure. But I will need to move it as I work on it.

So... anyone knows how much these machines weigh?
    Series II NON-CNC machines are listed as a shipping weight of 4750 Lbs. in one catalog, in another it is 5500 Lbs. Their 1974 catalog lists the Series-II CNC at 7200 Lbs shipping weight. This is a TAPE NC system, with a separate cabinet for the control. I'm guessing this even predates the BOSS control. Your machine is probably a bit less than that.

Jon

Per manual 11040804 for a Series 2 R2C3 with a TNC 145 control (same as a interact 2 series 2 but made here and not the UK) the gross shipping weight with skid was 5500 pounds and height was 96 inches.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I'll believe the 5500 lbs. I bought mine in Houston and towed it home with an GMC Envoy and a tandem axle trailer. Nightmare.