584,863 active members*
4,750 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Machine time rental?

not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but I am wondering if there are any places (Los Angeles, CA specifically ) or close by area, that rent machine time on a haas or similar production grade cnc mill (3 axis is fine)?

Don't know if places out there even offer this kind of service, I have designed some parts that I need to do a run with, everything is ready to run, I can mill the parts myself on my machine, but I don't like to babysit a desktop mill for 5hrs for a part. and my loan for a Haas VMC is not quite approved yet I have looked online as well and everyplace I got a quote was insane compared to doing it myself. so has anyone run into such a situation? what are the options out there?

thanks in advance!

-Andy

Tech Shop does but they are in No Cal and I believe they are going under. I doubt anyone would rent machine time to a stranger when a misplaced decimal point can cause thousands of dollars of damage. Mill work seems to go pretty cheap here, so I would just post an RFQ on this site. A lot of desperate people will bid machine time down below $20 an hour. You can't even get a gardener for that.

Thanks for the info, I was pretty much expecting that, going to put together
    a proper RFQ and post here...