584,812 active members*
5,270 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Power Drawbar/prototype ATC Syil China/ Syil Canada/ Syil North America
Page 1 of 2 12

Power Drawbar/prototype ATC Syil China/ Syil Canada/ Syil North America

Well you all have been waiting a long time, So here it is

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdPr085JLac"]YouTube- Syil's Bolt on power drawbar, for tabletop cnc mills[/ame]

Syil Power draw bar,
    We are pleased to announce Syil Canada has engineered the only professional bolt on power draw bar system specifically designed for bench top mills. Syil Canada has worked extensively in collaboration with Syil china to engineer this ground breaking advancement. This advancement will change the whole bench top CNC market. This design will also work in cooperation with our bolt-on automatic tool changer.

Our proprietary design has endured hundreds of hours of development, prototyping and testing. The main emphasis of our design is to provide no load to the spindle bearings, compact size and light weight. All of these factors are crucial to safe and non-destructive use of a power draw bar system.
    Our Power drawbar utilizes full mach3 control when used with a Syil Machine, this system will also be upgradeable to the Siemens 802c control system. For retrofits to a non syil machine, if you manufacture has not provided you with a spare mach3 controlled relay you will need to add one.

Spindle Bearings / Load:
    Our system is capable of providing over >1000lbs of tool retention force, and an equal pneumatic downward force to release the tool. This pneumatic downward force is not transferred down through the spindle, spindle column, or spindle bearings.
    Spindle bearings were never designed to handle any type of vertical or side load, these types of loads will permanently damage the bearings in the spindle. Installing any aftermarket power draw bar that applies a load to the spindle bearings can and will void any manufactures warranty. Other draw bar designs on the market utilize 1000s lbs of down ward force to drop the r8 collet; this downward force is then transferred to the spindle bearings causing permanent damage.

Compact size / light weight:
    Our Pneumatic system weighs in under 7lbs, adding anything over 10lbs on the z axis has the potential to cause damage to , Ball screws, Gas strut, stepper motor coupler, and premature Gibb wear. This additional weight can also lead to reduced part repeatability; these factors can also void manufactures warranty.

Tool Retention:
    though our design is compact and light weight it is still capable of applying over 1000 lbs of upward force for tool retention. Preventing the tool holder from slipping out of the r8 collet. During our testing we are able to hold the tool holder so tight that we could not cause it to slip even with a wrench!

Our proprietary unique design allows for easy installation on most bench top style machines; this system utilizes a collet based R8 quick change tooling system . This type of power draw bar system also allows for the use of our bolt on automatic tool changer this changing system will utilize the ER20 style of quick change tooling. (To be released spring 2010)

Retrofit Kits are ready NOW for presale!!!!

The auto tool changer will be ready soon and will move completly off the working area of the table!

in the future the power drawbar will be a standard item on New plus series mills.

Direction,Commitment,Follow through

here is some video of our machines.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN_lpUVrdpg"]YouTube- SYIL CNC X7 video.wmv[/ame]

we also have a lot of new design coming,please take visit at Syil.net

:rainfro:

SyiL Power Drawbar/prototype ATC system.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdPr085JLac"]YouTube- Syil's Bolt on power drawbar, for tabletop cnc mills[/nomedia] Please check the video.

Syil Power draw bar,
    We are pleased to announce Syil Canada has engineered the only professional bolt on power draw bar system specifically designed for bench top mills. Syil Canada has worked extensively in collaboration with Syil china to engineer this ground breaking advancement. This advancement will change the whole bench top CNC market. This design will also work in cooperation with our bolt-on automatic tool changer.

Our proprietary design has endured hundreds of hours of development, prototyping and testing. The main emphasis of our design is to provide no load to the spindle bearings, compact size and light weight. All of these factors are crucial to safe and non-destructive use of a power draw bar system.

more info visit www.syil.net

here is some pic of syil machine size compare.
    from x7,x6 big table,x6,x5,x4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Very cool, but I don't need to SYIL post the same picture in every SYIL related thread when in fact it has nothing to do with the ATC.

What will the tool changer and the draw bar be priced at?

you can consult the syilnorthamerica.com

Syil Power draw bar,

Syil,
    Do you sell spindle like X6 or X7 to be used with this power drawbar and atc? Sorry,
    I have posted in another thread also, maybe do not have any relation with the main topic. Let me know.

this draw bar can working on every r8 Spindle..

I have NT 30 or BT 30 or ISO 30 on my mill? What should be done?

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    I have NT 30 or BT 30 or ISO 30 on my mill? What should be done?
    right now the draw bar it is working on R8.
    And our x7,x6 later will be BT30 too.

I am waiting to see what form the ATC will take. If it bolts onto the table or to the column like a swing arm carousel type. I think a table mounted ATC will take up too much room.

Quote Originally Posted by fidia View Post
    I am waiting to see what form the ATC will take. If it bolts onto the table or to the column like a swing arm carousel type. I think a table mounted ATC will take up too much room.

i will post later,and sent link for you.

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    i will post later,and sent link for you.
    Expecting....please sent link to me also ,thanks!!!

I've done a lot of reading on the product being offered, but there is no detail around what you get for your money(US$1200.00).

Can Syil Canada or China provide any answers to these questions?

1. What is the minimum PSI that will run the pneumatics and does this release the tooling under the 1000lbs load you mention?
    2. Are you running one or a twin stack of cylinders? Trying to understand the limits of the unit you have designed. I assume it’s only pneumatic and not air over oil
    3. What integration is there to the X4 unit. I see that you are using the front panel to release the tool. Would my X4 be capable of this or is there a side lever release?
    4. Is the Power Drawbar capable of MACH3 control and does this integrate via the existing serial interface? Is there additional wiring required?
    5. Do you supply tool holders as part of the package and do I need to machine anything to allow the tool to reseat in the same position each time? When I look at my spindle I see there is alip, which implies to me I have to machine my R8 collets to get an accurate reference.
    6. Do I need to machine the drawbar or other components of the X4 to allow this to fit.
    7. Does the side strut require an upgrade?

/Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mikie View Post
    I've done a lot of reading on the product being offered, but there is no detail around what you get for your money(US$1200.00).

1. What is the minimum PSI that will run the pneumatics and does this release the tooling under the 1000lbs load you mention?
    2. Are you running one or a twin stack of cylinders? Trying to understand the limits of the unit you have designed. I assume it’s only pneumatic and not air over oil
    3. What integration is there to the X4 unit. I see that you are using the front panel to release the tool. Would my X4 be capable of this or is there a side lever release?
    4. Is the Power Drawbar capable of MACH3 control and does this integrate via the existing serial interface? Is there additional wiring required?
    5. Do you supply tool holders as part of the package and do I need to machine anything to allow the tool to reseat in the same position each time? When I look at my spindle I see there is alip, which implies to me I have to machine my R8 collets to get an accurate reference.
    6. Do I need to machine the drawbar or other components of the X4 to allow this to fit.

/Michael

if you x4 was R8 spindle,will be fit this kits.
    also,it is can control by mach3.
    i will transfer this thread to keith,he will get back to you.thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mikie View Post

/Michael
    I am interested in answers to EACH one of these points as well. I would appreciate it if someone from Syil could respond to EACH point one by one. For instance:

1. 50 psi, or 80 psi, or 10 psi, or...
    2. Twin stack pneumatics, or air over hydraulic, or ...
    7. No upgrade needed on X4 for needed on X2, or no, or yes.

Clear answers to EACH point asked would be appreciated!

Also, when will the ATC option be available? I have seen the YouTube video, but I don't see it on the Syil site. Is this weeks out, or months, or what? What is the current status, what bugs need to be fixed, are you looking for beta testers, etc.?

Syil Canada / Power drawbar

1.What is the minimum PSI that will run the pneumatics and does this release the tooling under the 1000lbs load you mention?

- The minimum Operating PSI is 60, though 90 is ideal.

-The cylinder Is a single custom made pancake style cylinder. The main reasoning for this style of cylinder is due to weight. During our prototyping we found that anything over 8lbs on the head can cause major repeatability issues.

3.What integration is there to the X4 unit. I see that you are using the front panel to release the tool. Would my X4 be capable of this or is there a side lever release?

-We are currently using the free onboard relay, though if one would like you could install a control lever on to the side of the machine. The x4 has the same unused relay.

-The current configuration of the power draw bar is under mach3 control, or in manual mode is controlled via the button on the front panel of the X4+. The on-board relay is already mach3 controlled.

-As of current we are using the Tormach TTS system, which utilizes a R8 ¾ collet. Any R8 Collet will work. We have found that no other modifications are required when using the TTS system.

- No this system was designed to install on a X4, X4+, X5 and X5+ in under 10min, all that is required for installation is 4 holes drilled in the top plate. We even send a template for the holes, and that would be required for installation.

-No it does not.

Any other questions let me know,

keith

Page 1 of 2 12