586,005 active members*
4,938 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > STL TO SOLID OR SURFACE

STL TO SOLID OR SURFACE

Hi. I am using Mastercam X 10.2mr2. I am pretty good with solid modeling but have never made a model with threads...not sure how. I need to make a lathe model with o.d threads so I was wondering if after verifying and then saving as an stl file is there some way to convert this to surface or solid so I can shade and make prints with. Any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by grand master x View Post
    Hi. I am using Mastercam X 10.2mr2. I am pretty good with solid modeling but have never made a model with threads...not sure how. I need to make a lathe model with o.d threads so I was wondering if after verifying and then saving as an stl file is there some way to convert this to surface or solid so I can shade and make prints with. Any help would be great.
    Well your new best friend is….. turn profiles or Silhouette boundary don’t know if X10 had it in menus or if they are still in the Chooks.

good luck!

you can not really make a solid there was a C-hook a while back I have to check my archives for it or the Mastercam forum FTP that would take the stl file and change ti surfaces. but if I were to make the thread with the solid I would create the helix and then the profile of the pitch and Solids sweep to create the tread.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .