585,729 active members*
4,700 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > X4 won't regenerate properly

X4 won't regenerate properly

I am having a problem where my transformed toolpaths do not reflect changes made in the original toolpath after regenerating. I made some changes some speeds & feed rates in a toolpath, regenerated and ran the part. No changes.

I looked at the Gcode for the original toolpath and it has the changes. Looked at the transformed Gcode - no changes. I had to go into the transform properties, select another toolpath, save, regen => go back in and reselect the original toolpath, save & regen before the changes showed up.

I tried this on 4 different files and had to do it to every transformed path to get the changes to show up that were made on the original toolpath. Even went back to older files and tested with the same results.

I also noticed that I usually have to go in and unselect & re-select the option to disable posting on the transformed toolpath - before the icon would "ghost" out.

Using X4 MU3 and never noticed this problem with X3. Don't think its a computer problem, but I have another workstation that I could setup and test.

Anybody seen this?

Kevin

not I

I have not seen this but I haven’t had allot of the issues my customers seem to have had with X4. I think I am the 1% of people not having any issues with X4. But we will see when X5 comes out lol

I saw this prior to MU# but not sense MU3. Have you sent this to QC at Mastercam?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thumbs up Same sort of thing

Hi
    I am running X4MU3 also and have noticed that if I change a depth cut and do not hit the apply button then Regen the tool-path the change in depth is not changed. I think there is a couple of other places that this happens, added key strokes to the process very annoying.
    Forrey.

also had the same problem, i stopped reporting issues they dont fix things anyway, since x4 mu1 or maybe 2, the "calc feed speed" button dosent work when u select a undefined type tool, and the fields that are in the lead in out tab of a contour type 2d path sometimes dont update automatically the percentage values when u select a diffrent dia tool

this software is easy to use and mastercam is getting sloppy with they're QC
    ITS A REAL SHAME!!

they dont fix things anyway,
    really then why do I see things get fixed all the time. did you update to MU3 as this had allot of fixs in it.

since x4 mu1 or maybe 2, the "calc feed speed" button dosent work when u select a undefined type tool,
    when you are creating these tool are you setting as shown

(and the fields that are in the lead in out tab of a contour type 2d path sometimes dont update automatically the percentage values when u select a diffrent dia tool) I have not seen or heard the issue sense X4 no MU updates.

this software is easy to use
    Agreed that is one of the resins it is most found in shops.

mastercam is getting sloppy with they're QC
    Why do you say this because of some of the issue that come with some release's?
    If you only knew how they have changed the testing from the past you would think allot different. There are some really good changes coming for X5 and how we are testing it before it goes out should really make for a better release.

Have a great weekend.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .