585,996 active members*
4,636 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > outputting variables to a program

outputting variables to a program

Is it possible to output a variable to a program from mdi.I am trying to simulate a playback or digitizing feature.So, lets say it's something like this.
    In mdi or from a program I stop at an xy coordinate and my program looks something like this.
    #100=#5021 (x coordinate)
    #101=#5022 (y coordinate)
    Is there a way to output this from one program and insert it into another program so that the absolute coordinates are showing into the desired program.I realise the system variables I used are probably wrong, I'm just using them as an example.Any help is appreciated.

Don't think you can output it to a program in the Fanuc. If you have a PC hooked up to the RS-232 port, you can DPRNT the variables to a text file.

Something similar to the dprnt feature is exactly what I was hoping for.I guess they wouldn't make any money off the playback feature if you could do it.I don't have a pc hooked up to that port, so I'm probably out of luck.Thanks for the reply.

Cool Yes u can

Say for instance, if u copy a current machine in MDI to #100 & #101, then u can use it in a different program by commanding -

G01 X#100 Y#101 F1000;

PM me if need further clarification..

Ash

Thanks, I thought of doing that but what I want at the end of it all is to have a complete set of coordinates all in one program.The numbers that made it into the desired programs would be actual coordinates and not variables.We do a lot of programming right off the prints in our area and import programs for the other half.I think I might be able to do as dcoupar suggested and dprnt to that computer now that I think of it.I didn't think of it before because it's not at the mill but at another location in the shop.