585,888 active members*
4,083 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad V23 won't open (running XP)

Bobcad V23 won't open (running XP)

I have downloaded the demo to try and I cannot get it to start. It will access my harddrive for about 20 seconds then nothing. Doesn't start, isn't in my processes. As I said before running in XP, no error messages. Any thoughts?

Here is an update, still won't work. I have downloaded all Windows updates, tried uninstalling my antivirus, have SP3.

I installed BobCAD on my laptop (which I can't use on my mill) and it works fine. I literally have identical setups (operating system and updates wise) and it starts fine and runs. What could it possibly be?

If I watch the processes in task manager it bobcadv23.exe shows up for a split second and removes itself.

So I reformatted my harddrive, put a fresh install. Did all updates just like the laptop and installed V23 without installing antivirus and the same exact thing happened. I have another copy of XP pro I can try but I don't see how that could be the issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Are you clicking a desktop shortcut to launch BobCad or are you double clicking on a drawing file associated to BobCad to launch it?

IF you are double clicking a drawing file..... that is the problem, BobCad will NOT launch properly that way, even if you are trying to open it by clicking a native .bbcd file type it will not work.

You HAVE to either click a shortcut to BobCad or go to Start/All programs/BobCad/ etc.....

I have the same problem started this morning encounters a problem on open and never opens ,have reloaded the software 3 times still will not open have second computerso I reloadedit onto that one and i can open bobcad but access is denied for computing any toolpaths
    tciofalo

Quote Originally Posted by PDSI Mike View Post
    Are you clicking a desktop shortcut to launch BobCad or are you double clicking on a drawing file associated to BobCad to launch it?

IF you are double clicking a drawing file..... that is the problem, BobCad will NOT launch properly that way, even if you are trying to open it by clicking a native .bbcd file type it will not work.

You HAVE to either click a shortcut to BobCad or go to Start/All programs/BobCad/ etc.....
    Nope I'm opening it from the desktop. Thanks for the tip though.

Un-install the program, then delete the "Program files folder" for it. Then re-install.

I had the same problem and had to:-

Right click on the V23 icon on your desktop.

Select properties.

Select the comatibility tab.

Check the box that says "Disable Visual Themes".

Click OK.

Everything was OK after that.

Hi Bill,
    He's running XP (unless he's made a mistake on his OS.) With Vista and 7, this would be the first thing you want to do. What he's describing sounds like a corruption of one of the "databases" (Tooling-Machine-Toolpattern...etc) The deletion of the folder after uninstall (A normal uninstall doesnt delete these) will get it back to a clean installation.

Hi Burr,
    I run Bobcad on five XP computers and had the same problem but only on one of them , the "Bird" posted the solution on the Bobcad forum:-
    http://www.bobcadsupport.com/forum/s...highlight=open

Maybe this is not the problem but I thought I would share.

Bill.

I had this problem on v22 and I had to install the latest Video card driver

Quote Originally Posted by billb95 View Post
    Hi Burr,
    I run Bobcad on five XP computers and had the same problem but only on one of them , the "Bird" posted the solution on the Bobcad forum:-
    http://www.bobcadsupport.com/forum/s...highlight=open

Maybe this is not the problem but I thought I would share.

Bill.
    Hey Bill,
    You were right to post that. I mis-spoke. My Bad. It would be a great try.

I ordered the hobby license for Bobcad v23 and it installed fine and opened first time. I guess my comp didn't like the demo.

I just wanted to follow up for those who have the same issue. I caught a virus on my mill computer and had to reboot. I installed everything as I did before and it Bobcad wouldnt start. I installed the latest video driver as others had stated and it worked perfectly.

In conclusion... Make sure your video drivers are up to date!