585,914 active members*
3,646 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Copy from Hard Drive to Memory

Copy from Hard Drive to Memory

We have two Haas CNC mills, a TM1 and a TM3. Both are on the network, we basically dump programs on the CNC machines hard drive and run them from there. Problem is you can't edit programs on the hard drive. I went through the manual and looked through old posts but could not find a way to copy the programs from hard drive to memory. What I have found is the following information;

Select program in Hard drive
    Go to memory, it shows the program below and the destination as memory
    Press F2, nothing happens.

If I give it a program name say O0111 and save that, then try to type F2 it responds error no program name.

Does anyone have a good step by step on how to move programs from the hard drive to memory?

Thanks

Steve

Steve-

You should be able to select the file and then press F2. Then you should get an option to copy it to the mill memory. Once you have that highlighted press enter.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by behindpropeller View Post
    Steve-

You should be able to select the file and then press F2. Then you should get an option to copy it to the mill memory. Once you have that highlighted press enter.

Tim

When I do the above is says:

CAN NOT COPY

I Made sure it was not the program currently being used, still the same result. Is the format of the program not correct for it to copy it?

Do you have the file open on your computer?

If you have it open on your computer it will not let you copy it...etc.

I just tried it on our VF2-ss.
    Step by step it's

Go into Hard Drive on the CNC
    Highlight the program you want
    Press Write
    Left arrow
    Go up to Memory
    Right arrow
    Press F2

That's it. Worked just now on ours.
    Could there be something else wrong? Maybe no O# at the begining of the program in the Hard Drive? (Don't know if that's even possible-just throwing it out there)

We never run anything in the Hard Drive unless the program is too big, like with 3D paths.

Quote Originally Posted by extanker59 View Post
    I just tried it on our VF2-ss.
    Step by step it's

Go into Hard Drive on the CNC
    Highlight the program you want
    Press Write
    Left arrow
    Go up to Memory
    Right arrow
    Press F2

That's it. Worked just now on ours.
    Could there be something else wrong? Maybe no O# at the begining of the program in the Hard Drive? (Don't know if that's even possible-just throwing it out there)
    Well thanks for throwing that out there as it was that there is no O# at the start of our programs! Its starts and ends with % but no O#.

We use visual mill and I double checked the post processor and I don't see anything where I can check off that it should include a name for the program. I went and used a text editor and add one. That did the trick.

I have never run programs from memory either (except warm up) and run from the hard drive even for our 3D mold files. But these are two little repeat secondary operations jobs that it would be nice to keep local to the CNC machine. Thanks for the help! Now I need to hit the Visual Mill Forum and ask if anyone knows if in the depths of visual mill there is a way to add a program name and number to the output.

Thanks again!

Steve

Glad I could help. Have gotten a lot of help here myself.