585,737 active members*
4,543 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Bending, Forging, Extrusion... > Looking to buy Used Press Brake

Looking to buy Used Press Brake

I am interested in buying a 4' press brake and I am in the information gathering mode. Hydraulic over mechanical seems the way to go. There are many brands available but I want something that is still serviceable with a good reputation for durability. CNC would be nice but not mandatory. Perhaps a 35 ton?

Anybody have any suggestions and price ranges one would have to pay? Thanks,

Magma-joe

Hyd. is definately the way to go, if you can afford it. Obviously more expensive than a mech. We bought a 8' 75 ton new from betenbender about 7 years ago. Great machine, it definately takes alot of punishment. Not my favorite brand, but we can't afford Cincinatti. Accurpress also has some nice stuff.

If you've got the time, I'd hit a few auctions. Or do a search on ebay for used brakes.

Hope that helps ya,
    Mike

Smile

Definately go Hydraulic. You would be suprised at what you can find on the used market now days for not bad prices. If at all possible go with Cincinnati even if it is a little more, you will more than make this up in the long run. Remember the old statement "you can pay me now or pay me later". Usually the pay me later theory will almost always come back to haunt you especially in cnc's. A cheaper alternative would be Amada but get Cincinnati if possible. Good Luck.

There are a lot of used Amada RGs out there -- great machines that run forever. If you're willing to consider a new machine, check out Amada's new RGM2. It is everything shops know and love about the old RG, but with a new, easier to use touch-screen controller.

I'm really glad I just bought my FBD last december... New RG's don't communicate with the offline software or my HDS brake- The new RG machine will be a great machine to compete against lower lines but with the same great machine as the old rg with a new interface.

Quote Originally Posted by jpb219 View Post
    There are a lot of used Amada RGs out there -- great machines that run forever. If you're willing to consider a new machine, check out Amada's new RGM2. It is everything shops know and love about the old RG, but with a new, easier to use touch-screen controller.

Need Help! Bending .080 aluminum

I am a small operator but have the need to bend .080 aluminum to less than a 45 degree angle. The preferred tool will be a 30 inch press brake one cranks with a handle. The press brake specs indicate it will bend up to a 20guage steel sheet metal, but I need to bend 12 guage aluminum. Does anyone think I can do it considering the type of metal I am bending? New to this sheet metal work.