585,712 active members*
4,073 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Talking 948 TFP ALARM

HELLO I NEED HELP I HAVE ALARM IN A MACHINE CADET MATE WITH CONTROL OSP 700M "948 TFP FIELDNET COMMUNICATION ERROR" HAVE YOU SOME IDEA ABOUT IT?

You can check if all of field net devices are working. It's on check data screen, input signals. You can locate entire group of signals all off.
    Check orange optic fibre cables inside control cabinet and maybe OSP. If someone was digging inside of control cabinet recently, this is most likely the reason.

948 TFP alarms are almost always bad fiber optics(orange). It could be the transmitter or reciever on one of the boards(i.e. TFP Board) that the fiber optics go to are bad but most likely the fiber optics. Fiber optics can deteriorate over time and eventually deteriorate to the point they cant properly transmit some or all of the data. They can also become brittle when they get old. If you are sure no one has been in the cabinet messing around and you find a bad optic then it might be a god idea to replace them all, there aren't but a few and it won't be to bad expense wise and then you should be good for a long time.

Unhappy Thank you

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, I'VE CHANGED TWO FIBER OPTIC CABLES ORANGE, THE COMMUNUCATION PROBLEM DISSAPEAR, BUT NOW THE SCREEN GO OFF, I CAN´T SEE ANY ALARM, DO YOU KNOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN?

BUT NOW THE SCREEN GO OFF, I CAN´T SEE ANY ALARM, DO YOU KNOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN?
    do You have operating display, but blank screen or You have nothing at all on display?
    Is there raster at least? Is the display non working only or it is operator panel non working?

Panel Operator

the panel operator not working, it's totally dark...

please, check if all LED's of panel blink once at power on. Maybe some LED/ lamp indication on OSP is on, when powered on?
    The question is if RTC screen itself is not working or OSP doesn't works at all?
    if You have OSP not working, check cables/ wires in control cabinet, concerning Your previous trouble with this machine.

Red face 934 VAC Alarm

Thanks for your help, we had a short circuit in the work light, the machine works several days, but now appears the alarm 934 VAC Unit, in the VAC display appears 16 and two red leds are blinking, please help me again, I don't have VAC Unit Manual....

Your VAC unit is "VAC III D-22" ?
    is the alarm resetable?
    If You take off the front shield of VAC unit (four bolts to loose) You will see the "reset" button or naked contacts on the bottom of control board. Use it.

Yes it's the model, and yes it's resetable.

can You read names of blinking red LED's?

On the display appears alarm 938, and the leds not have names.

and the leds not have names
    check once again please. White letters on green board next to the LED.
    is there some more information displayed in the case:
    On the display appears alarm 938
    can You describe, when You have:
    the alarm 934 VAC Unit

Hello. I have same problem now. Could you solve it finally? I need help.

Re: 948 TFP ALARM

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    You can check if all of field net devices are working. It's on check data screen, input signals. You can locate entire group of signals all off.
    Check orange optic fibre cables inside control cabinet and maybe OSP. If someone was digging inside of control cabinet recently, this is most likely the reason.

Hi Algirdas

Thank you for information, i see is from 2009, but thanks a lot, it solve my problem.
    I just disconnect the orange cable and plugged back, and machine is on and runing.

Best Regards,

Edmond Meta