586,011 active members*
4,057 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Follow up on V2XT program repeat with spindle left on.

Follow up on V2XT program repeat with spindle left on.

In a V2XT follow up to my posted question on how to leave the spindle on while running real short programs, to rewind without killing the spindle. I read this in the manual and did not fully understand it all but it worked. At the end of my 8 hole drill program I substituted =/N550 for the M2 statement. This is suppose to repeat the program 550 times before ending. Any number could be put there. When I am running, it drills the holes, moves to my park place and stops, with the spindle running, and will sit there until I hit the program start switch again. I have only done 350+ holes so far so I am not sure where it will get it's M2 spindle off command statement from because it is not present in my text file but all we wanted to do was run the production run and the end is when we cut it off. Thanks for any help, Paul

This is actually a very powerful control. It can do loops (as you just found out) and macros that can be nested 4 deep, scaling, rotation, mirror imaging, etc.
    As an example, I had 2 vices with 5 parts on each vise. The EZCAM produced a 7 page program. Using loops and macros, I condensed it longhand to half a page.
    Put the M2 or M30 command after the go to so many times command. It will finish the lops and then read the end of program command.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)